Talk

Advanced search

VLCD - which is best? Cheapest? Talk me through it please!

(5 Posts)
JustBeingJuliet Sat 13-Jun-15 21:33:19

I'm 6 stone overweight. I have issues with food and I struggle with SW, WW etc as I just can't portion control. I eat way too much; I know I'm doing it, but I can't seem to stop myself. I've never been skinny - I'm 5ft 7 and hovered around a size 14-16 for most of my adult life, however I'm now an 18-20 and desperately unhappy.

I'm going on holiday in 11 weeks, and the thought of having to shed my jeans and coat is scaring me and making me look upon the holiday with dread instead of excitement, so I need to do something drastic to give myself a kickstart.

I've looked at CD, LL etc but I'm not sure I'm ready for ditching food completely! And the cost shock My budget is very limited so what can you recommend? I just really like the idea of having meals sat there ready for me, so no seconds or choosing "bad" foods.

Emz449 Sun 14-Jun-15 00:52:35

Slim and save is good! Very reasonable too, I believe it's about 100ish pounds a month. Check out their website and also the Facebook page, it's very flexible as well in that you can have an evening meal if you wanted to

FannyFifer Sun 14-Jun-15 01:08:40

Exante, they always have offers on as well.

WisteriaRose Sun 14-Jun-15 06:29:47

I'm in the same boat. I have lost about 3 stone, but nothing for about a year blush I'm now eating rubbish again and worried I'll end up back at 18 stone! I also go on holiday in around 12 weeks and am dreading wearing swimwear. I still have about 5 stone to go until target, and I really need a kick start again. Was looking at CD, but I really don't want to have to go and see a consultant, I just want to do it from home.

fiveacres Sun 14-Jun-15 06:34:56

Exante and slim and save are the cheapest. The downside is the motivation has to come from you exclusively which is hard going. I've done Cambridge a couple of times and I like it. It works out at about £45 a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now