Talk

Advanced search

Cambridge diet....do I start it??

(5 Posts)
M00ninthesea Mon 08-Jun-15 07:39:51

About a year ago I stopped the Cambridge diet, having lost 5 stones! I stopped overnight & went back to my old eating habits, so no suprise I put the weight back on!! This wod have happened with any diet.....living on pizza & packs of biscuits isn't gd!!

Now I know other diets are around but love the fast results of the Cambridge diet, it's just such hard work & depressing!!

I had got down to a size 14 & they were almost loose. I am now struggling with an 18! I cried the other day trying clothes on!

Do I go back to it?

KatharineClifton Mon 08-Jun-15 11:35:38

Well done for losing the weight before, it's so bloody hard to keep it off! I did SW year before last, and went back this year as put most of it back on again. And I know why - I totally abandoned the SW way of eating. This time I'm going to stay until I reach target and keep on the wagon.

Only you know what is best for you, but I thought about the shakes way of doing it, and bought a load, but after a couple of days I knew I just prefer the SW way of doing it. It's slower, but in the end far easier and sustainable.

KatharineClifton Mon 08-Jun-15 11:36:55

Plus I feel accountable to the SW leader. Which is silly really as I should feel accountable to me, but it's far easier to cheat myself iykwim?

M00ninthesea Mon 08-Jun-15 14:33:27

Oh for certain! I used to apologise to my consultant, even if I had lost a little & not much!! Certainly feel accountable as visit her one on one in their own home.
Was going to start today but have eaten loads I feel sick....and have a nice tea planned!!

Maybe next week......why do I keep putting it off?!!

KatharineClifton Mon 08-Jun-15 16:37:06

Maybe tomorrow then? I keep seeing people doing well on 5:2 so if you could do the Cambridge Diet before that might suit you?

Consultant sounds much better than leader! I couldn't remember that word earlier.

There's a nice thread on here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/weight_loss_chat/2380407-Step-on-the-Scales-Summer-Sunday and you are welcome to join smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now