Talk

Advanced search

Top tips for weight loss in 7 days...

(21 Posts)
MTWTFSS Sun 07-Jun-15 09:51:05

I would like to go on a 7 day diet (have an event next Sunday)... any tips/advice?

TIA smile

HappyGoLuckyGirl Sun 07-Jun-15 10:18:07

Cabbage soup diet?

MozzchopsThirty Sun 07-Jun-15 10:20:12

No carbs
Minimal dairy
Plenty of water
Basically only eat fish, meat & veg

I can drop about 5lbs in a week like this

PaperPomPom Sun 07-Jun-15 10:39:39

If you're looking to reduce bloatedness then watch out for brassica vegetables - cabbage, cauli, broccoli etc. - because they can make you gassy in digestion which adds to bloat.

No bread.
No caffeine.
No fizzy drinks.

Emz449 Sun 07-Jun-15 11:06:29

No/low carbs, fizzy drinks/ high sugar etc. Meat, eggs and green veg

Amserhaf Sun 07-Jun-15 11:26:10

mozzychops does the five pounds stay off or does it go back on as soon as you start eating more again.

duckwalk Sun 07-Jun-15 11:39:00

Eating like the above will likely lead to loss of water weight only, so you'll definitely gain it back when you back to your normal way of eating.
Everybody is different though...some may lose 5lbs, some may lose nothing. I followed a low carb/low sugar diet for 3 months and lost zilcho....literally no pasta, bread, potatoes, biscuits, sweets, chocolate, crisps, even cut down on the more sugary fruits and lost feck all!
Ages ago a couple of women in work were doing a 3 day diet which they had downloaded on an app. It was very specific about what they could eat and how much.....some evenings they were even allowed a dollop of ice cream! Apparently they could easily lose up to 3lbs doing this. Don't know what app it was but I guess you could search '3 day diet'?
Good luck op!

Amserhaf Sun 07-Jun-15 14:24:02

I followed a low carb diet many years ago. It was an elimination diet and lost loads of weight. Didn't eat much in the way of added fats, diary, sugar and the weight fell off. I only ate when I was actually hungry though.

TalkinPeace Sun 07-Jun-15 17:05:14

ADF works a treat
but is bloody hard work

only by changing your habits will you avoid asking the same question in a few months

CarbeDiem Sun 07-Jun-15 17:56:19

I once followed the James Duncan diet for 1 week - it's hard but I lost 8lbs. It stayed off too when I began eating properly again.

MozzchopsThirty Sun 07-Jun-15 18:07:49

Yes it all goes back on when I go back to eating normally.

For maintenance I eat:
No carbs after 4pm
Minimal dairy
No fizzy drinks
Alcohol on 2 nights per week
Lots of water
Exercise 4 times per week

CarbeDiem Sun 07-Jun-15 18:35:29

It normally does for me too Mozz but with that diet it didn't. I think it's because it causes a chemical reaction in the body rather than just losing water.

molyholy Tue 09-Jun-15 18:33:22

I am currently doing the james duncan. Needed a kick up the arse to get me in the zone. Feeling very hopeful as I plan to eat healthy after the week is up. I can hopefully keep most of it off. If it is successful, I plan to follow the plan maybe 3 of the days a week then eat healthy for the other 4 days.

diamondsonthesoles Thu 11-Jun-15 17:14:36

How are you doing molyholy ?

molyholy Mon 15-Jun-15 12:51:49

Hi diamond. Thought I would just come and check back in after finishing the week.

I am really happy to say, I stuck to it religiously (bar a teaspoon full of balsamic vinegar on my salads), and on my final weigh in this morning, I have lost exactly 9lb in the 7 days.

I know some will be water etc., but I am continuing to eat very healthily.

I am going to follow this diet for 3 days of the week and eat sensibly for the other 4, incorporating exercise.

As I say, this was a kickstart for me, and I looked on it more as a detox than a diet really. No sugar/dairy/processed/alcohol etc.

I must say, I did find it quite easy to stick to and I feel fab. I would recommend it to anybody who can stick to this type of set menu type thing.

This was definitely a learning curve for me and I don't think I could go back to taking sugar and milk in my coffee and also I think I will be better at managing my portion sizes. I don't need to fill my plate and eat everything to feel full.

Any questions regarding my week on this diet, I will be happy to answer.

Sallycinnamum Mon 15-Jun-15 12:58:58

I have the james duncan diet print out in my kitchen and haven't had the push yet to do it although I know there was a thread on it last year where some people had lost loads of weight.

How did you manage OP because I wonder if I'd be absolutely starving and cheat. Once you started did you just get into it?

molyholy Mon 15-Jun-15 13:05:58

I just got it into my head that this was going to be the week I would do it. Monday to Friday I was in work and I found it really easy to stick to in work as I was away from any temptation. I ate breakfast as late as I could, which pushed lunch back to about 2pm, so I wasn't starving by tea time. I weighed myself every morning and that was motivation in itself to be honest. The hardest was Friday night when my husband was having a glass of wine and I never, even though I really really wanted one. My mantra has been 'do I want x food/wine more than I want to lose weight'. The answer was of course, no. Go for it. What have you got to lose!

CarbeDiem Mon 15-Jun-15 15:21:25

Moly - did you/do you have a lot to lose?
I didn't really, I'm only just out of healthy BMI so didn't think the JD diet would work quite as well as it did for me.
Other than getting a bit sick of grapefruits I'd happily do it again too.

molyholy Mon 15-Jun-15 20:28:29

Haha, I'm with you on the grapefruit Carbe! Not too much of a pain considering the results. Yes, I have a lot to lose - 2 stone. It has just crept on over the last year. But I am not going to let that happen again once I reach goal!!! Going on holiday in 30 days and am aiming to lose another 10lb - so 1lb per 3 days, which I reckon is doable. I am going to do JD the week leading up to maximise my loss then pig out on French wine and cheese

molyholy Mon 15-Jun-15 20:29:28

*leading up to my holiday

CarbeDiem Tue 16-Jun-15 11:51:30

I looked at the grapefruits as a form of medication - just gotta get them down smile
I think that's doable too.
It's a good plan to follow if you've had a blow out or an indulgent holiday.
The only whinge I had with it was I didn't really have enough energy to follow my normal workout routine so had to scale it right down - but worth it for the lb loss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now