Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Holiday weight.... Any tips to shift this 1.5kg!

(9 Posts)
EllaBella1 Sat 06-Jun-15 10:20:52

Hi all, I'm just home from a lovely week in France. I have been steadily losing weight and have lost 2stone7lbs since last July. I don't diet just eat healthily and run 2 miles a day 4/5 times a week.

I am back from France where i did eat whatever I wanted and drank lots of wine but we did do lots of walking but the scales say I have gained 1.5kg! cries it takes me a month to lose that normally.

Sooooo I need some good clean living tips to blitz this unwanted gain and get back on my weight loss.

What do you lovely ladies do after your hols?

tobysmum77 Sat 06-Jun-15 13:18:36

Just relax and eat normally again. I reckon it'll come off quicker than you think.

EllaBella1 Sat 06-Jun-15 17:16:17

I hope so. I wonder if this is one of those gains where its to do with water retention as opposed to fat .... Wishful thinking!!

Emz449 Sat 06-Jun-15 20:55:55

Easy on easy off smile I'm sure when you're eating how you usually do it'll be gone in no time

Sherry1331q Sun 07-Jun-15 11:01:07

Snap! I've just lost mine doing the 7 day shred. Lost 9lb in a week! Im over the moon. I wasn't expecting to loose that much to be honest as didn't piticularly feel like I was starving lol. Only replaced one meal each day with a shake. I just hope I can keep it off now! My weakness is roast dinners and cheeseburgers and everything in between. Def given me the kick start I was looking for though! Just hope coz it was so easy I don't mess it up and put it all back on. I will try and find link where I bought it if I can and let you know

SaulGood Sun 07-Jun-15 11:06:45

You can easily lose 1.5kg or more in a week. You won't lose fat though. You'll lose water and lean tissue. It's neither healthy nor sustainable. You have done fantastically and you know deep down that slow, steady loss is healthy and you've achieved it the best way, healthy diet and lifestyle. No fads. It will go. Don't hate yourself or regret the lovely holiday. Just carry on running, enjoying healthy food and don't be a slave to the scales. You're doing brilliantly.

Sherry1331q Sun 07-Jun-15 11:07:31

Here was were I got 7 day shred. I had shakes but think there's soups etc. Shakes tasted nice. Good luck. www.actiderm.co.uk/me/melanie-robinson/acti-addict-offers/ Its £25 ones

Iqueen Sun 07-Jun-15 11:22:45

Just cut out all obvious carbohydrates for a week... bread, cake, biscuits, sugar, pasta, potatoes, pastry, snacks etc. Eat protein, natural fat, fruit and veg. No alcohol or sweetened drinks.

I've been low carb, (fresh food, cooked from scratch) for over 10 years. I have low cholesterol, normal BP, and my weight has remained stable throughout.

EllaBella1 Sun 07-Jun-15 14:43:28

Thanks ladies. I'm a slow and steady weight loss person as I always put back on the faddy diet weight. I have been for a run but had to have some pasta as I needed some energy for it. Wholemeal though! I think once I get back into the swing of it this week it will drop off. Will not go back on the scales for a week!

Thanks for the links! I will look into the shake thing. That might be good when i hit the dreaded plateau every couple of months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now