Talk

Advanced search

Toning tummy

(8 Posts)
Roseybee10 Fri 05-Jun-15 20:37:02

I've lost my baby weight but left with such a saggy tummy. I don't know if it's just loose skin or fat (I suspect a bit of both).
Has anyone succeeded in getting a flat stomach back after children?
I'm doing a lot of Jillian Michael's workouts in the hope of burning the fat and toning the muscles. I don't want to lose any more weight as my legs and hips are a bit skinny and that's where I lose weight first.

I just feel straight up and down with no definable waist, and no bum. I'd love curves :-( keep hoping if I could reduce my waist it would make my hips look more shapely.

KatharineClifton Fri 05-Jun-15 22:42:28

On another thread in Chat I think I just saw 6 week 6 pack recommended.

Roseybee10 Fri 05-Jun-15 23:16:03

Thanks. I've been dipping in and out of that one (hate doing the same work out every day so I try and mix them up) x

ButterflyOfFreedom Fri 12-Jun-15 20:44:28

I'm the same OP - I've actually lost 2 stones since new year and weigh less than my pre pregnancy weight BUT the wobbly tummy is still there!

I did buy Davina's 7 minute workout dvd as heard this was good for toning but it's still in its wrapper...

Isolde85 Mon 15-Jun-15 13:29:00

How do people do it? I've got 2 under 2 now and want to cry when I look at my stomach. My youngest is 13 weeks so I'm trying not to beat myself up about it, but it really upsets me... I've been using Decleor toning / stretch mark stuff, which I like, but no idea if it actually makes any difference. And I have post baby cellulite too. Being a woman sucks sometimes. I am crazy about my babies, but I want my body back... Heeeelp...

BendyMum15 Sun 21-Jun-15 18:29:54

I have a 3yr old and 13 month old and although I am back to my pre preg weight and doing Pilates for years,including during my pregnacies I have a very saggy tummy. It kind of looks like a 'w'.
Mum saw something on tv about someone who looked similar and their tummy muscles hadn't gone back together properly. I am off to teh dr next week to see if this is the case. I am scared she will tell me that I am just fat because although I am nack to my pre pref weight I could probably lose a few more pounds.

KatharineClifton Sun 21-Jun-15 18:54:26

Diastasis Recti that is called Bendy - if you google there are exercises to help. Or a referral to OT will help if it is that.

BendyMum15 Sun 21-Jun-15 19:25:53

To make matters more complicated I have a connective tissue disorder which means it may be harder to heal - am really not looking forward to the seeing the dr on Wed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now