Comfort eating. Time to change.

(2 Posts)
Billynoname Mon 01-Jun-15 06:23:19

Hi. I woke up this morning and thought today is the day. I am 3.5 stone overweight. I carry it well as I am tall but the scales don't lie. Pre- pregnancy I was a 12-14. During pregnancy I was a 14. I am now a good sized/pushing it a bit 16. My DD is 15 months now and we will want to try for another baby within the next 12 months so I really need to sort myself out. Being overweight affects everything in my life and it's making me really sad. I actually didn't put much weight on during pregnancy (13lbs) but I ended up with a section and a very challenging baby which meant that my 5 times a week gym regime (yep even during pregnancy) stopped overnight. I do no exercise anymore other than walking quite a lot and I can't see that changing due to a very demanding job and husband being away a lot. I comfort eat. There I said it. I get fed up and I eat total and utter sugary rubbish, every day. I know how damaging this is for my health and I am determined to stop doing this and lose weight. I'm just putting it out there as I feel like if I do, I can't go back. Admitting what I do is a big step for me. I'm realistic about bit being able to exercise loads but even just getting the food in order will make a huge positive step forwards. I feel determined! Xxx

Bishopston Mon 01-Jun-15 16:57:39

Sorry I started another thread on this topic without properly checking other posts. If I'd checked harder I'd have just commented underneath your thread rather than starting another one. I feel your pain as although I've been dieting successfully since May 20th, before then I'd got into a cycle of eating sugar loaded, calorific food, which also had a high fat and salt content. Comfort eating becomes addictive and is very hard to cut down on. However as I have a wedding at the end of July, cheating now is NOT an option, so I have stuck to my diet and indeed lost a stone in 12 days! But I totally empathise with you, I went through a period at the end of 2013 where I was finding it IMPOSSIBLE to stop comfort eating as I felt in a hell of a rut in general with my life. One of my major weaknesses was those pepperoni pizza slices from Greggs! Good luck with your new weight loss project, you sound very motivated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now