Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anybody lost weight for their wedding?

(25 Posts)
dollydaydreams10 Fri 29-May-15 14:45:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

00100001 Fri 29-May-15 15:01:40

zero-carbs smile

Well, not 'zero' but I cut out all 'obvious' carbs, like bread, potatoes, pasta rice etc.

Iwasbornin1993 Fri 29-May-15 15:06:25

I'm in the same boat as you OP - my wedding is also next year (although in September) and I'm dreading what I'm going to look like too! I've just downloaded the MyFitnessPal app though as I've heard good things about it so hopefully that will keep me on track!

dollydaydreams10 Fri 29-May-15 21:10:44

Smoolett Sat 30-May-15 17:06:40

I lost 77lb for mine via WW. You have loads of time.

00100001 Sat 30-May-15 17:37:26

cuting out carbs is easy once you get used to it. I thought it would be impossible, but it isn't.

You can have mostly the same meals as everyone else (e.g. Sunday Roast, just don't have the potatoes/yorkies and have extra meat and veg)

You just can't have pasta bakes/toast/crisps etc smile

My husband did it with me, and he has a manual job, and his lunches were
filling - instead of his daily sandwich - he had things like, a couple of boiled eggs, cold meats (e.g chicken thighs or slices of Salami), sticks of cheese. He also had things like Veggie sticks and Natural Peanut butter for dipping. He never went hungry smile

Basically, you just have to make sure you substitute the carbs for (good) fatty foods.

It becomes a pain when you're out for dinners etc, but even then most places don't mind you swapping out potatoes for extra veg. smile

Also - we didn't go 'no' carb, we still had things like gravy or (in DHs case) sugar in his coffee - and we still ate all the veggies we wanted (except potatoes) I lost 18lbs in 7 weeks, DH lost 12!

Dowser Sat 30-May-15 18:45:11

I've been trying since jan 1 st. Wedding is in sept. I don't eat wheat anyway or much dairy apart from a little cheese so now I've cut out sugar.

Life's pretty grim but I need to give it a big push. There is a brides thread on here.

I want to be slimmer for my wedding. We are only talking 7-10 lbs but its the ones on my belly and hips . Ie in the places that really matter.

dollydaydreams10 Sat 30-May-15 19:40:03

Smoolett Mon 01-Jun-15 06:47:59

It took me 8 months but I had a lot to lose. I was comfortable on my wedding day but still about 2 stone more than I would have liked to have been.
To be honest I think anything would work when you're in the right mindset.
I've since had a baby and put some weight back on and just cant get back into WW due to forgetting to track and struggling to get to the meeting.
I'm trying 5:2 now with my fitbit app and feeling quite positive about it. You have 2 days on 500cal and 5 at 2000cal which seem to be doable as you only have to be really strict for 2 days of the week.
Good luck OP, just keep imagining yourself on your wedding day in the dress you want and how wonderful you will feel-that always kept me going even in moments of weakness lol.

loulou82 Mon 01-Jun-15 07:11:27

I got married Sept 2014 and joined slimming world in Jan 2014. I lost 2.5 stone by the May. I have never felt better. You really have to make sure you go to the group each week to stay on track but I couldn't believe how amazingly easy it was.

Archer26 Mon 01-Jun-15 07:19:23

I lost a stone and a half for my wedding, I did it through slimming world like pp. I've found slimming world is the only reliable way I can lose weight. I think it's the fear of those numbers being written down in my book!

I lost the stone and a half over 4 months but I could have done it quicker if I needed to. My mum lost 6 stone with slimming world and had kept it off 3 years later by still using their principles.

I fell pregnant shortly after my wedding and now have a 6 week DS. I'll be back at slimming once I've got the sign of from the GP to lose my baby weight in a sensible way.

Archer26 Mon 01-Jun-15 07:20:21

Oh and congratulations on your wedding thanks and good luck x

BabyNeedsChocolate Mon 01-Jun-15 07:56:31

I got down to the slimmest I'd been since I was 18 for my wedding last year - I'd managed to lose weight on WW over the years but what got the last stone off was India Knight's Pig 2 Twig diet. It is basically low carb, high fat and protein, lots of veg and a bit of fruit once you're past the first stage. The diet book and accompanying cookbook have lots of lovely recipes

shiteforbrains Tue 02-Jun-15 08:01:04

ChannelingFlop Tue 02-Jun-15 08:04:28

Couch to 5K did it for me (along with sensible healthy eating/bit less cake). Also ended up really quite looking forward to getting out of the house and running to clear my mind. Think it helped with the stress

WhatsGoingOnEh Tue 02-Jun-15 08:13:30

Waves to Dowser. smile

Hello OP! If you start now, you'll look amazing next year. Don't be like me and leave it because it felt so long away... aNd now have 2 stone to lose in 4 weeks!

helenahandbag Tue 02-Jun-15 08:58:50

Mine is in April next year and I pretty much resemble a potato but binge eating disorder, anxiety and comfort eating means that I've lost and gained the same two stone about four times since 2012 sad

I know what the stakes are (horrible wedding photos!) but I still can't seem to get my arse in gear!

shiteforbrains Wed 03-Jun-15 04:06:14

helenahandbag Wed 03-Jun-15 10:59:08

shiteforbrains

Yes, I have an off the peg size 12 dress and I love it. It's 50's style so knee-length with lace three quarter sleeves.

I'm currently bursting out of a size 16 so not unattainable but definitely require some effort.

shiteforbrains Fri 05-Jun-15 05:38:25

helenahandbag Fri 05-Jun-15 10:42:34

I have no idea what I'll need to weigh to fit into a size 12 - I've been overweight since I was about 13 blush

A couple of years ago I got down to 12st 13lbs and I was starting to fit into 14's so I'm aiming for 11st as my first goal. That's still a few lbs over BMI 25 but it sounds a lot more achievable than 10st 7lbs for some reason! I just want to get back into the 13's first, then 12st 10lbs for BMI 29.9.

I would love to be able to batch cook as that's what helped me lose 3st a couple of years ago but I've since moved to a new flat and my freezer is the size of postage stamp sad

Dowser Fri 05-Jun-15 23:07:56

Hello what's going on eh. Nice to see you are still around ;-)

Loulou82 what am I doing wrong.

I had omelette today, butternut squash soup for lunch, lamb and veg with a tiny portion of mash for evening meal and just noshed on an apple.

My daily food is very similar...yet I'm not losing.

Any ideas please?

shiteforbrains Fri 05-Jun-15 23:11:03

readyforno2 Fri 05-Jun-15 23:16:56

I lost 6st 12lb last year from the 6th January to my wedding on the 15th November.
Mostly no carbs alongside going to a personal trainer twice a week and aerobics twice a week.
Why not have a look at BIWI's no carb bootcamp, there's one going just now. I honestly couldn't have done it without them.

readyforno2 Fri 05-Jun-15 23:18:43

Shitefor cauliflower rice is amazing! One of my favourite meals at the moment is egg fried cauliflower rice. Hope you enjoy it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now