No more plodding along

(14 Posts)
NeedToDoThis Tue 26-May-15 08:21:35

Hello, I thought I'd start something here to keep a tab on myself and hopefully get some support as I'm feeling so low about my weight. I don't know how to do it yet but will be starting today with ditching the crisps and chocolate. I have 3.5 stone to lose- and hoping at least a stone of it is gone before September.

I caught my reflection in a shop window on Sunday. And cried. A lot!!!! I put off going out as I can't fit into any of my clothes and worst of all I don't have a single family photo as I barely let people take photos and when they do I delete it straight after. When I've lost some weight I'm going to get a huge family photo done! Any hints or tips will be greatly appreciated.

cherrytree63 Tue 26-May-15 08:28:23

I know that feeling of crying at my reflection only too well!
I gave up chocolate, sweets, biscuits, cakes and sugar in my drinks and on cereal.
I lost a stone doing that alone.
I'd like to lose another stone so will be following your thread for tips.
Good luck OP smile

DownWithThisTypeOfThing Tue 26-May-15 08:33:00

First step is the hardest so you've already made progress there.

Tips:
Commit to a minimum of three weeks before giving up. Your body will adjust within that time and your new way of eating will become normal.

Google weight loss progress pictures for inspiration.

Plan ahead.

NeedToDoThis Tue 26-May-15 09:07:22

Cherry that's great well done! How long did it take?

I like the 3 week tip, it makes sense!

I'm planning on mentioning it at work as I'm sure the women I work with will have plenty of tips weather I like/want them or not so I may as well take what I can from it grin will let you know any gems!

cherrytree63 Tue 26-May-15 12:22:35

I lost the stone in about a month. I must have been huge amounts of rubbish! I've been long term sick because of a respiratory problem, so ate loads through boredom.
I generally eat less when I'm at home as I know I can just eat when I'm hungry. At work I was cramming food in whenever I had the chance as my breaks can be irregular .

RunningKatie Tue 26-May-15 14:19:39

I need to do this too!

I bought some trousers yesterday, they looked huge on the hanger and yet they fit me sad

I've messed about trying to eat healthily and then self-sabotaging after a few weeks.

I am recovering from flu so still weak and not exercising but I intend to drink 2 pints of water a day, stop the toast & cakes between meals - fruit for snacks only, and stop eating leftovers!

NeedToDoThis Tue 26-May-15 15:48:02

A month!! That's fantastic!!

And I think that every time I do the washing runningkatie! Ha ha my clothes are like tents for ds to play with! grin

Ok so day 1 isn't going too bad, I never have breakfast but had some fruit this morning and chicken salad for lunch...just got the rest of the evening to get through..though to be honest I'm starving!!

NeedToDoThis Wed 27-May-15 08:38:08

Ok so I wobbled a bit yesterday, I just got so hungry I raided the cupboards whilst cooking ds's dinner.

A friend at work is bringing in her fitness tracker thing for me today not used one before so interesting to see if it Spurs me on. Not sure what to do about food, I just want to pig out and I can't. What's wrong with me!!?

RunningKatie Wed 27-May-15 09:01:04

Have you got any hobbies? Anything to take your mind off food?

You can eat lots, just healthy stuff! wink

I managed my 2 pints of water yesterday and am doing the plank challenge again to re-find my stomach muscles.

DownWithThisTypeOfThing Wed 27-May-15 16:11:45

I put a post up here a few weeks ago titled something like "one day in and I'm bored and hungry" - I felt exactly like you. Now a month in it feels normal-ish and I've lost around a stone. Bear with it - a couple if weeks in and you'll be past the worst and spurred in by your loss.

flanjabelle Wed 27-May-15 16:20:28

have you got myfitnesspal? It's. an app that lets you track your calories and exercise. Using that I have lost 24lbs in just under three months.

start small with the exercise, just start walking and being more active. it's the diet that makes the most difference. As you start to lose the weight you will feel more and more motivated to exercise (well I have anyway). I starting going for a walk each day and now I swim, run, go hiking etc etc and I'm loving it. Myfitnesspal makes its all so simple and it's really helpful.

The best thing for me is there is no banned foods. no depriving myself of the things I love. I just have a smaller amount and. work it into my calories. I have gone from a size 18 to a size 12 so far, it really works.

NeedToDoThis Thu 28-May-15 22:56:36

So I've shamelessly been talked into joining slimming world today, I had so many people at work banging on about it I got a little brainwashed, then mentioned it to my friend and ended up joining a group of the back of it! Impulsive but I'm going to give it a go,

For the record I love mfp I like the predicted loss when you update the diary! And we'll done on your losses- I'm envy!

Dowser Sat 30-May-15 11:21:42

I'm 5 weeks in to no/ low sugar.

I've had no chocolate, sweets, gluten free cakes or biscuits or mints, ice cream.

I'm still wearing my stone :-(

In all fairness we've been away from home for two weeks so meals have been irregular and whatever is meat based on the menu. So means I have had some potatoes or chips :-(

Home now, so will see what happens .

MrsTedCrilly Sat 30-May-15 13:50:04

Good luck lovely! I think you will lose more before September if you cut all the junk. I was 3 stone overweight and the first one came off in a month easily. It's such a shock to a body that is normally filled with crap food!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now