not losing weight but people say I look slimmer

(7 Posts)
robinlovesfatman Tue 12-May-15 09:44:09

I'm five foot nine and 12.3 stone. I have been jogging every other day and doing mfp. My calories are 1200. Been doing this for a month but scales not changing. However acquaintances say I look slimmer. Are they being kind? Anyone have an idea of whats going on? Also any tips on how to shed the pounds?

IceRebel Tue 12-May-15 10:18:11

Do these acquaintances know you're trying to lose weight?

When you say the scales aren't changing do you mean at all, or are you only seeing very small losses i.e 1 or 2 ibs ?

If you have been sticking to 1200 calories a day and exercising (how long and far do you jog for?) then I would be very surprised not to have lost any weight at all. It might be worth a trip to the doctor just to check everything is ok, and see if they can make sense of it all. smile

flanjabelle Tue 12-May-15 10:27:04

I would think it's more likely that you are eating more than you think. Are you weighing out all your food and measuring your liquids? If you are just guessing, the chances are you are probably eating a lot more than 1200 cals.

PurpleSwift Tue 12-May-15 10:28:11

Measure yourself and keep track of it.

CarbeDiem Tue 12-May-15 10:42:10

It could be that you are toning up and losing inches. Take your measurements today if you haven't already and check monthly.

I'd agree that on those calories plus the running I'd be expecting to see some loss too. Do you weigh and measure everything that goes into your mouth? If not do it for a week and you'll see if you were miscalculating.
Portion size, or more importantly the correct portion size, really blew my mind when I was weighing - I'd been eating closer to 2 of the buggers smile

robinlovesfatman Tue 12-May-15 10:46:24

I am measuring food, low carving. I'm doing c2k. Some know I'm dieting. Others don't. I feel slimmer but that might be psychological.

flanjabelle Tue 12-May-15 11:06:31

Just to check, when you say measuring food do you mean weighing out with a scale? Not using cup measurements etc? What about liquids? What do you drink? Anything other than water should be measured in a jug and logged.

I eat 1370 per day and have lost 19lbs in under 2 months. There is no good reason for you not to be losing on 1200, perhaps you should go to the Dr if you are 100% sure you are logging accurately. Honestly in most cases it is a logging issue though..

Do you eat back your exercise calories? Just a warning mfp is notoriously over generous with this, I only ever eat back a small amount of what It says I burn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now