Talk

Advanced search

loose flabby skin on inner thighs after weight loss, kind of scared to loose any more...

(6 Posts)
chuffinalong Thu 30-Apr-15 15:44:04

Hi, I've been going to slimming word since November and so far, I've lost 2 and a half stone. I feel fantastic for it and have just under a stone left to loose to reach my goal. The problem is, I now have quite flabby, loose inner thighs. I do exercises every day to try to tone them and I walk for at least 3 miles every day but it's not improving. I'm kind of worried about loosing more weight as I don't want it to get worse...
I've just read something which advises to loose as much fat as possible, as the skin won't go back while there is still fat there?
Do any of you have any experience of this?
Thanks.

chuffinalong Thu 30-Apr-15 16:44:02

bump

awishes Thu 30-Apr-15 17:11:43

Same thing has happened to me but I'm old! I've stopped with the weight loss gor now just excercing in the hope that will help then reintroduce the diet. Good luck!

Rosesarelovely Thu 30-Apr-15 17:51:42

Your loose skin should shrink back eventually, Just like it does post pregnancy, but this is dependent on a few factors. Things like how old you are dictate how elastic your skin still is. Stay moisturized, consider using a dermaroller and serum. If it's really bad and won't shrink back as much as you like you can have surgery, the scars really aren't that bad and fade really nicely eventually. Congratulations on your weight loss chuffinalong smile

chuffinalong Thu 30-Apr-15 18:05:05

Thank you both. smile I'll look up the dermaroller and serum. I think I'll go ahead and loose all that I want too. I only loose between 1 and 2lb a week anyway, so it's not too fast. I'll carry on with the exercise too. If it won't go back in time, I'll consider surgery.

flanjabelle Sat 02-May-15 11:13:34

Have you thought about strength training? Lifting heavy will increase muscle mass and give the skin something to hang on to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now