Talk

Advanced search

What bread do you eat when dieting?if

(11 Posts)
dingit Wed 22-Apr-15 12:34:14

If any.
I try to set salads and soup, but every so often I like a sandwich, and incorporate it into my days calories.
My favourite bread is the seed sensations ( hovis), as it's very dense, and fills me up, tastes nice and hopefully is better for me than white. It is more calories though. So do I go back to dieters fluffy nothing bread?

dingit Wed 22-Apr-15 17:53:30

I shouldn't be eating it at all then!

popcornpaws Fri 24-Apr-15 20:00:56

I also eat hovis bread, one slice a day, don't buy any diet type bread, its dry tasteless and does not fill you up.
I would rather have no bread than eat that shit.

ApignamedJasper Mon 27-Apr-15 14:16:16

I also love the seedy breads, they are more calories but I'd rather have something I really like that tastes good less often. Also the seeds have good nutrients, fats etc that are well worth eating.

I have also been eating sourdough as it has much less yeast so not as bloaty and easier to digest, also tends to come in a smaller loaf so I don't eat as much.

MaddingCrowd Mon 27-Apr-15 14:18:11

I have rye bread. Usually toasted and top with avocado, diced cucumber, sesame seeds, lime, salt and olive oil.

ApignamedJasper Mon 27-Apr-15 14:21:07

Ooh rye bread is lovely!

TravelinColour Mon 27-Apr-15 14:22:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BumgrapesofWrath Mon 27-Apr-15 14:27:01

I have never given up white bread and i've lost four stone - everything in moderation as they say

GottaFeeling Mon 27-Apr-15 14:39:17

IMO it's really important that everything you eat (when trying to lose weight or not) tastes good and is real food.

So, I would go for the seeded one you like but (sadly) you need to restrict the amount.

The easiest way I know to lose weight is to cut out all the things that aren't real food - mostly things that come in packets.

So, a lovingly homemade dessert is fine, buying chocolate bars has to stop. It's the too easy junky calories that have caused our problem. The quantities are self regulating if you can only eat what you've made - that probably should apply to bread too.

tobysmum77 Fri 01-May-15 12:08:27

I think stick to medium sliced. I would switch from the seeded thick sliced personally.

ClubSmed Wed 06-May-15 15:12:59

I also like the seeded breads.
The way I cope is to use the WeightWatchers Malted Danish for toast (more substance to it than the white one) and Kingsmill Wholemeal Sandwich Thins for sandwiches. Every now and again I will get the SMALL loaf of Warburton's Seeded Batch as a treat for my toast and sandwiches, I never buy the full size loaves any more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now