Talk

Advanced search

Pancake Day Overeating

(4 Posts)
girlylovespineapple Tue 17-Feb-15 19:24:16

Hi, I am new to mumsnet and this is my first post - and probably last in this section. I am quite slim and tall. I usually have a very healthy diet, and I exercise a lot.

Today - pancake day - however, everything went a bit wrong..

This morning, I woke up as normal, had my green tea and golden syrup porridge. Then my friends knocked on my door.... They asked me out for the day, so I obliged. We went to this little seaside town, and for lunch I got a portion of chips from the chippie - covered in salt. It doesn't end there...

When we were having pancakes, I had one with lemon juice on - not so bad. But then I spotted the goodies my friends had - bananas, squirty cream and nutella. I grabbed a plate, piled it with cream, put on a huge dollop of nutella, accompanied by a chopped up banana. I then stuffed myself. I repeated this process three times.

I now feel bloated and overly full, bur also quite ashamed. Tomorrow I plan to have porridge for breakfast, a sandwich and a berry cereal bar for lunch and a plain omelette maybe with beans for tea.

Will this cause me to gain weight? Any tips on how to recover from one day of overeating?

BatCrapCrazy Tue 17-Feb-15 19:27:11

I am the queen of over eating. I am tall too (nearly 6ft) and I currently 10stone 5lb. I used to be 16 stone and I'm still a fatty inside. It takes a hell of a lot of will power every day to stick to my diet plan. I binge maybe once a fortnight. Takes me about 3 days to get back to pre binge weight. Don't worry x

Runningupthathill82 Tue 17-Feb-15 19:28:29

What an odd first post. You'll be fine, just go back to " normal" eating from now on...

FoodieMum3 Wed 18-Feb-15 10:13:14

I usually over eat on a Sunday (full roast, dessert, several biscuits with tea throughout the day) and on Monday morning scales I'm about 2lbs heavier.

I eat sensibly/normal on Mondays and I'm back to normal weight on Tuesday.

I think if you eat like that a few days a week, you're in trouble. One and possibly even 2 (depending on level of exercise) is ok.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: