Talk

Advanced search

A sharing thread. What weight loss pkan/strategy are you using and what meals do you usually eat in a week?

(10 Posts)
WhenMarnieWasThere Mon 16-Feb-15 10:42:21

I'm nosy looking for inspiration.

PopcornFrenzy Mon 16-Feb-15 11:42:42

I'm logging everything on MFP which is set at 1400 calories as I'm breastfeeding. I'm also in the middle of 30 day shred.

I've lost 9lbs since I started 3 weeks ago.

26Point2Miles Mon 16-Feb-15 14:59:57

I'm logging the lot on mfp too... Set to 1400 cals but earned an extra 1800 yesterday. Could not eat anywhere near 3,200 cals tho!!!

26Point2Miles Mon 16-Feb-15 15:01:15

I'm also juicing this week as its half term. I'm losing weight v slowly this year which is unusual for me. I generally try and eat paleo style

Runningupthathill82 Mon 16-Feb-15 17:34:31

Mfp, now 1600 cals as I'm maintaining, but was 1200 when I was losing weight. I've lost a stone to get to target.

I aim for 3 nutritious meals a day, no snacks unless I'm starving after a long run and need the fuel.

26.2 - that must have been a long run you did to earn 1800 cals! Are you marathon training at the mo?

26Point2Miles Mon 16-Feb-15 18:00:37

lol yes,training run of 16 miles. London marathon,no way can I eat much after long runs tho.....even today I'm not too hungry

WhenMarnieWasThere Mon 16-Feb-15 19:35:06

Lots of mfp.... I have done that before but didn't find a calorie goal that let me lose reliably. And as for having my fitbit linked to it... I shan't do that again if I do mfp again. It guesses how active you are going to be by how active you have already been by some point in the day. Then gives you calories. Except I sit down in the evening on most days so it was then stealing those extra cals I thought I'd earned back from me at midnight, leaving me a deficit.

Quitelikely Mon 16-Feb-15 19:45:46

I have cut out all alcohol during the week and I've made an effort to avoid white carbs and processed food.

I'm not on a diet this time, I'm just slowly trying to change what I eat. Alcohol was causing low mood for me the next day, and not buying it has saved me money. The weight loss is a bonus.

I have started having soup for lunch some days and cut back the takeaways. I also try to eat a meat and veg dinner three times a week.

I still eat takeaways, still drink booze and still eat carbs but just on a lesser scale.

I said to dh even if I only lose a 1lb a month by the end of the year I'll be a stone down.

If I diet any more drastically then I quit after a few hours/days.

The key for me has been finding healthy meals that I truly enjoy, so that I look forward to them as much as I look forward to something equally unhealthy.

And there really is some yummy food out there that is as nice as junk food.

I will get there!

Runningupthathill82 Mon 16-Feb-15 20:01:15

26point2 - I just crave carbs after a long run, so usually have a slice of fruit toast with butter, or similar. Anything to stop the about- to-pass-out feeling! But then I can't eat before I run, so that's probably why.

I miss marathon training in a way, though it's definitely harder than the race itself!

alwaysrushing Mon 16-Feb-15 21:03:42

I really like mfp. Have lost 12lbs since Christmas. Used to use weight watchers on line but this much better and free! Trying to stick with 3 good meals a day- bulked out with lots of courgette spiralized, and cauliflower mash to save cals- but I'm always under recommended carb intake which confuses me as with porridge and brown bread every day I feel I'm getting loads. Booze is a deal breaker tho- quaffing wine while watching the rugby at the weekend added up to an extra 1000 cals- eek!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: