Talk

Advanced search

Harcombe Diet?

(6 Posts)
MrSimms Sun 08-Feb-15 19:46:46

theharcombediet.com/

Does anyone use it? I didn't have much to lose, put on about 4lbs over Christmas, but could probably do with losing another 4/5.

I did 6 days of phase 1 and have lost 7lbs!

No idea how long it will stay off/if it's just water but it was surprisingly easy to stick to and the best bit IMO, is that it's all about eating real food - nothing from a "diet" packet (or any packet)

Based loosely around low carbing, but is more about quality food and does allow a fair amount of carbs, compared to Atkins etc.

hairhelpplease Mon 22-Jun-15 06:52:07

I am thinking about this as low carb high fat simply doesn't work for me. I am waiting on the book arriving but is my understanding correct that you eat meat, fish, eggs, salad and veg and basically one portion of brown rice or oats a day which is not to be eaten alongside fat?

Basically something like eggs for breakfast, salad and protein for lunch and then rice and veg for dinner, ie no protein or fat?

helenahandbag Mon 22-Jun-15 09:16:53

I know of a woman on another forum who has lived by this diet for a good couple of years now with no intention of ever going back to "normal" eating and has lost a shedload of weight - multiple stones. It definitely works.

yumyumpoppycat Tue 23-Jun-15 23:46:49

hairhelp there are 3 phases, in phase 1 you can mix fat and carbs because there are quite a lot of restrictions on the types of food you can eat (e.g gluten free, no diary other than natural yog etc). In theory phase 1 is supposed to only last about 5 days unless you have a lot of weight to lose in which case it can be for longer.

In phase 2 you can reintroduce things like wheat but it is at that point you have to start food combining and keep fats and carbs separate. I didn't really get on with phase 2 but phase 1 was really useful for me when I first did it.

Fourarmsv2 Thu 25-Jun-15 21:30:58

Old thread now, but I've lost 5 stone on THD which I've maintained for nearly a year now smile

hairhelpplease Thu 25-Jun-15 21:34:36

I have been on Atkins but it isn't working for me so have come off and just being healthy with fruit and veg etc, no pasta or bread etc. will look at THD when I come back from holiday m

Well done with the 5 stone! I am at 3 (just) with 1 more to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now