Talk

Advanced search

11 stone 4lbs. And I'm stuck!! thinking low carb?

(5 Posts)
TooGoodyTwoShoes Sun 08-Feb-15 16:48:07

For some reason, I hit 32 and put on half a stone which I just can't lose! I don't eat much (genuinely) and I exercise yet those stupid scales will not budge and now I've slipped from a size 12 to a size 14 jeans :-(

So I'm thinking low carb, as I know it works but I find it hard to stick to "strict" low carb as I'm a fussy eater.

My current diet is:

Breakfast - Coffee and belvita breakfast biscuits

Lunch - Pot Noodle and a packet of crisps

Dinner - sausages, mash and veg or something like frozen fish and oven chips.

I know I don't eat healthy but when I switch to eating like an angel with salads etc I start putting even more weight on!!

So I'm thinking of switching to:

Breakfast - All Bran and Greek Yogurt
Lunch - Tuna Salad and a packet of quavers
Dinner - meat and veg of some kind.

Boiled eggs inbetween.

I'm aiming for around 70g carbs a day - what do you reckon?

Runningupthathill82 Sun 08-Feb-15 18:06:46

If I were you I'd download MFP, set it to 1200 net cals a day, and cut out all heavily processed food (ie crisps, quavers, biscuits, "breakfast biscuits" etc).

So for example, eggs or wholemeal toast or yoghurt or fruit for breakfast.

Lunch could be any salad, any sandwich on wholemeal bread, or soup.

Dinner is going to be lots of veg, either in a curry/pasta dish/ with noodles, or accompanying meat or fish.

Don't think about diet foods, think about healthy, nutritious, filling foods in small portion sizes, teamed with an active lifestyle.

And approach it not as a diet but as a new healthy lifestyle that you'll adopt forever. It's worked for me - recently went from 10st 12 to 9st 7 and am maintaining no bother.

I'm convinced that what worked was not thinking of it as a diet, but as eating well. Therefore if I "cheated" it wasn't a big deal, I just got back on track as soon as possible. Generally, I lost a steady 2lb a month.

ROARmeow Tue 10-Feb-15 21:47:56

Do you do any exercise?

I find that it really helps me to shift inches and tones me up. Plus, it brings the scales down too.

Don't obsess over what you're eating, but eat well and move more.

HubertCumberdale Thu 12-Feb-15 13:26:29

You're current diet isn't ideal for weight loss. There's a lot of processed foods and almost no healthy fat.
Have you looked into the Paleo diet? With a few tweaks to suit your tastes it could be doable?

Runningupthathill82 Fri 13-Feb-15 15:44:42

I wouldn't do a specific diet, which could be hard to stick to long term, I'd just cut out the crap food, aim for 1200 cals a day, and move more.
You say you don't eat much, but you eat a lot of processed and sugary things. The breakfast biscuits for example, need to go. Scrambled eggs would fill you up more and have fewer calories, while also not giving you that sugar spike.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: