Talk

Advanced search

Please help me - need reality check and inspiration!!!

(4 Posts)
MrsJ123 Wed 04-Feb-15 22:00:41

Hi all, not posted in this section before but feel I really need support. I have gained 4.5 stone in the last 4 years, taking me from a size 10 up to a size 16. I had my dd 13 months ago and put on 3 stone in pregnancy.
I am so depressed though. It's beginning to take over my life with how much I think about losing weight, but the more depressed I get the more I eat. I constantly snack on days when I'm at home, or if I'm at work I eat healthily all day and then will binge at night. I have a very bad relationship with food and I can't seem to break it. I diet, lose a stone, and then give up and it all piles back on - it's a constant cycle.
I can't tell anybody how I'm feeling because it sounds pathetic. I need to here stories of people who have felt similar to me, that they never thought they could do it but have now managed it. If so, what was the turning point?
I can't explain how much this is affecting me - when I see people I haven't seen in a few months I end up trying to justify why I've put on so much weight because I'm so conscious that they will be thinking it but not actually saying.
Thanks smile

Trenzalor Wed 04-Feb-15 22:13:58

Hi. You're not alone and these boards are a great place to be. Have a look around all of them and see what could work for you. I found a home on the 5:2 boards and that's been working for me. X

NinaFlp1986 Thu 05-Feb-15 00:14:44

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Jumblebee Thu 05-Feb-15 23:00:28

Hi MrsJ, just wanted to let you know you're not alone! I could have written your post hmm

Over a year I lost 4 stone through healthy eating and exercise and I'd never felt so good. Then I found out I was pregnant and indulged in everything I wanted thinking I had an "excuse" confused

Now I've put on 3.5 stone and I don't think I've ever felt worse. I don't want to be that fat, shy, awkward girl anymore but the more I think about changing my lifestyle the harder it seems!

My downfall is sweets-an evening never feels complete without a big treat (today was 2 big cookies, yesterday was half a chocolate cake!) I know what I'm doing to myself but I can't seem to pull myself back and get into the right frame of mind, iykwim? My size 18 trousers are feeling tight and there's no way I want to get a size 20!!

I did slimming world for a few months last year and lost 1.5 stone but I wasn't 100% committed and would cheat. If I had a bad week I'd spend the entire weigh in day eating nothing to minimize the damage at weigh in and then binge as soon as I got home sad

It really does feel like a downwards spiral! Just before Christmas I massively cut down on junk and carbs in the evening and lost 10lbs but over Christmas gained it all back (plus a bit more!) and it's just so dispiriting! Was even subject to a "wide load" joke from one of DH's friends which I brushed off at the time and cried about that night.

Sorry this is a huge post, but reading what you wrote really struck me as it's exactly how I feel. At least I know I'm not the only one! confused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: