Advanced search

Struggling with weight gain

(7 Posts)
bhk3 Thu 29-Jan-15 05:29:16

Its been 6 years since my 1st child DD was born & I have been struggling with tummy fat. Have tried everything like yoga, cycling, brisk walking, dieting but nothing seems to work. Am planning for a 2nd child now and i need to lose weight. Dunno how am i gonna do it .

MaudSedgwick Thu 29-Jan-15 22:38:15

Everyone gets 'tummy fat' after having DC - it never goes back totally to how it was. Maybe try dieting via healthy eating? Rosemary Conley?

AggressiveBunting Fri 30-Jan-15 02:22:03

Are you actually overweight and re. your stomach, is it actually fat, as in you can pinch it, or is it that your abdominal muscles are weak so they bow and your stomach sticks out or is it just loose skin? Just asking as I have low body fat (20% on trunk) but still have a bit of a crepey, "flabby" tummy from the effects of two pregnancies on the skin. There's nothing I can do about it bar surgery.

If it is fat, you can't spot reduce it, and people vary as to where they naturally store fat (some around tummy, some on hips and thighs) However, if you lose weight, the fat on your stomach will reduce, so it's just a question of finding a weight loss plan that suits you and that you can stick to.

bhk3 Fri 30-Jan-15 07:07:40

I actually am obese. struggling with diet and every possible means to cut down the fat

bhk3 Fri 30-Jan-15 07:12:59

oh yea Rosemary Conley is done..but no results

Runningupthathill82 Sat 31-Jan-15 08:37:39

If you eat fewer calories than you expend, you will lose weight.

Download My Fitness Pal and track everything you eat - and that means everything. The milk in your tea, the butter on your toast, the leftovers on your toddler's plate. Be honest about portion size.

That should help to highlight where you're going wrong. I've just lost a stone doing that, and while it was tough (esp as I wasn't overweight to start), being brutally honest with myself was the breakthrough.

bhk3 Mon 02-Feb-15 05:43:43

Sounds cool. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now