Talk

Advanced search

Best diet for losing a lot of weight quickly?

(5 Posts)
Fedupofplaystation Thu 22-Jan-15 14:53:40

I know that the best way to lose weight is a little at a time, but I am 3 stone overweight (put 2 stone on while pregnant with DD2 who is 10 weeks old) and desperate.

My back and legs are aching all the time and I'm struggling with the physical side of dealing with an active toddler and lugging a heavy car seat around.

I feel heavy and am sure that I'd cope much better and be in a lot less pain if I lost a couple of stone.

So, has anyone lost a lot of weight quickly? If so, how? Preferably a diet without too much prep etc.

ImBrian Thu 22-Jan-15 22:18:16

I know where your coming from ds is 9 weeks old and I haven't lost anything since he was 3 weeks old! I've got a stone to loose from him and a stone from his sister.

I think most people on here will say quick fixes won't work in the long run as you'll end up putting it back on.

I'm trying to be a lot healthier so no bread,pasta,spuds, very limited sugar and lots of veg and fruit but so far nothing's shifting. It's really tempting to start skipping meals but I don't want to make things worse in the long run.

I reckon it's a lot harder to lose weight when your knackered as well. Good luck smile

bakingtins Fri 23-Jan-15 09:08:31

No magic wand here, sorry. On a lot of diets you'll lose plenty the first week but most of that is water as you use up your liver glycogen stores. The fat loss is going to level out at 1-2 lb a week. You need a 3500 cal deficit to lose 1lb of fat, it's just not going to be possible to create a deficit of more than 500-1000 cals a day and still function. If you are breastfeeding you risk damaging your supply if you crash diet, I would think it's not great for your body which is still recovering either.
There was a v interesting 3 part documentary on last week Horizon - what's the best diet for you which is prob still on catch up.
I'm just about back to prepreg weight and Dd is 8 months, I've lost 2 stone since July when she was 10 weeks. I've been loosely following SW, walking a lot and recently using MFP to track calories. Dull but do-able.

26Point2Miles Fri 23-Jan-15 09:44:51

slimming world used to have weirdy red/green days and advocate 'unlimited'on different coloured days......bad habits to get into

I lost 5 stone....now got 2 more to go and have lost 6 pounds of that

I run and use BIWI low carbing threads

bakingtins Fri 23-Jan-15 10:21:28

I never did red/ green days, just the extra easy, which means you base meals on lean protein, complex carbs (not bread) with at least 1/3 vegetables, then small amounts of fibre ( bread/cereal) and calcium (milk/cheese).
I think they now have some sort of 'boost' starter plan that is low carb? It's 4 yrs since I was a member (baby weight after DS, kept it off ok) I've just followed their vague principles this time round.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: