Talk

Advanced search

Loose 4 stone in 6 months

(8 Posts)
Tannedbarbie1 Wed 21-Jan-15 14:01:21

Hey guys, I'm trying to loose weight for my holiday in August. I'm going to Miami so I can't exactly be curvy/fat there!! Haha is it possible to loose 4 stone in august most my weight is around my belly which I hate!! Can anyone recommend any good diets/shakes to help me also I'm working out on my cycling bike for an hour a day, is that enough? I'm currently a size 18 but want to get to at least 10-12

Sorry for 101 questions thanks girlies xx

Tannedbarbie1 Wed 21-Jan-15 14:03:35

Also forgot to add im 5ft 11 so I look slimmer than I actually am! Unfortunatly lol

Dowser Wed 21-Jan-15 14:32:58

Wow. Tall order. Trouble is You might have loose skin if you do it so quickly.

Why not just aim for 2 lbs a week with a healthy eating plan like SW .( gawd you'd think I was a consultant. I'm not. It worked for me many years ago and I never put it all back on about 12 years later. )

Half a stone a month is 3 stone. Far better to do it healthier and safer and retrain your appetite and your food choices.

You'll stand a much better chance of going to Miami and only gaining a couple of pounds rather than do shakes and gain a stone.

Dowser Wed 21-Jan-15 14:36:00

I was never hungry with SW as there's always something you can eat with free food.

Read the alizonne thread about shakes. How hungry they feel and at the beginning how I'll and sometimes they eat awful concoctions.

SW prepare you for the real world. There's still a lot of living (and summer ) to go through before your hols. You don't want to be sat drinking a shake at a BBQ when you can have chicken, salad etc

FoxyMcFox Wed 21-Jan-15 14:43:07

I lost 3 stone in 5 months and kept it off by doing 5:2 and using MFP. (Only did 5:2 until the weight was off, I don't do it now).

Tannedbarbie1 Wed 21-Jan-15 15:35:41

Sorry If I sound stupid but what's 5:2? Yeah id be happy to loose 3 stone as I'd look alot slimmer anyway with that off, is sw slimming world? Can you do that from home as im not looking to go to meetings as i work alot x

FoxyMcFox Wed 21-Jan-15 20:09:55

5:2 is fasting (500 cals) for 2 days a week and eating normally on the other 5 days. Lots of threads on here about it. Sometimes called intermittent fasting.

TalkinPeace Wed 21-Jan-15 22:41:30

If you do a LOT of exercise - particularly things like swimming as it supports your limbs, your skin should shrink with you
but strict 5:2 may well do the trick

pop over to that board and join the big thread with these numbers in your head

Monday = 500 calories
Tuesday = Happy weight TDEE
Wednesday = happy weight TDEE
Thursday = 500 calories
Friday = current TDEE
Saturday = current TDEE
Sunday = current TDEE

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: