Talk

Advanced search

Confused - calorie counting / no carbs / low fat / not low fat! Help!!

(6 Posts)
polealltheway Mon 12-Jan-15 09:02:36

So I've been on many dotes over the years and now I'm feeling fat and confused!

When doing low carb we are advised to have full fat butter, yogurt and cream!

When calorie counting we are told low fat spreads and yogurt. But we have already been told they are full of rubbish and are too processed.

I need to loose 2 stone now and I just don't know which method to choose.

I did low carb recently and I didn't feel hungry but it was difficult I just don't know. Help confusedconfusedconfused

polealltheway Mon 12-Jan-15 09:02:59

I meant diets not dotes smile

ToastedOrFresh Mon 12-Jan-15 09:05:42

Mindful eating might be an idea. Eat normal, healthy food but concentrate on the food you are eating and stop when you feel full.

MicrochipsAndMemories Mon 12-Jan-15 09:12:33

Eat less. Move more. It really is that simple. Eat the food you like just not too much of it.

harryhausen Mon 12-Jan-15 09:18:18

I've given up on it all. Everything. I've dieted myself up to 14 stone over most of my life. I'm so sick of it.

I'm now running (couch25k), eating smaller portions of 'normal' food and trying not to eat as much crap.

I read Paul Mckennas books and it has turned me off 'diets' for life. Well worth a read.

polealltheway Mon 12-Jan-15 15:01:12

I have got the pUl McKenna book and cd so I might try that again!

I just find it hard not to eat all the time, so far so good today I am likely to stay around the 1400 cals mark

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now