Talk

Advanced search

Losing weight on steroids...

(3 Posts)
katiebrusby Sat 10-Jan-15 22:26:02

Hi all... i started taking steroids 7 years ago as i have addisons disease and since then i have gained between 3 and 4 stone. last year i tried to do slimming world to lose weight but the most i ever lost was 5lb and it was such a struggle to even lose that.

But i am desperate to lose some of the weight i have gained even if it is just a stone although preferably i would prefer to lose around 2-2 1/2 stone as i have gone from a size 6-8 to a 16 and would preferably like to get down to a 12 again at least!

Any tips!

I also have coeliac disease and as i take steroids am hungry ALOT!!!!

thanks in advance

silverjohnleggedit Sat 10-Jan-15 22:53:49

Much sympathy, I am on steriods fir the first time at the moment - fortunately a short course but omg the hunger is mind blowing, I'm not surprised you have gained. I am trying to keep my carbs low to stave off the blood sugar highs and lows and put the brakes on the hunger. I think that's your best bet, have a Google, it's often recommended. The website 3fatchicks has a massive post on this topic.
Good luck, it really is hard but people have done it.

silverjohnleggedit Sat 10-Jan-15 22:57:03

Here's the link: www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/85249-prednisone-weight-loss.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now