Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Headaches

(11 Posts)
LuckyLopez Sat 10-Jan-15 18:11:33

I'm suffering really bad headaches this week, is it a side effect of withdrawal from all the crap and detoxing my body is experiencing? If not any ideas?

lemisscared Sat 10-Jan-15 18:12:44

how are you dieting? could be low blood sugar if you aren't eating enough

LuckyLopez Sat 10-Jan-15 18:22:10

Just eating better, started walking (very unfit so just aiming for 10000 steps a day this week).
Cut out fizzy drinks, biscuits cake crisps and bread. Upped my protein at each meal. Drinking more water.

Saranmolly Sat 10-Jan-15 19:05:48

It will probably be the cutting out of the fizzy drinks that's giving you the headaches x

Mirandafart Sat 10-Jan-15 19:08:32

Me too, I stated eating less Monday and had a low level lingering headache till Friday. I googled and as above, low blood sugar.

TalkinPeace Sat 10-Jan-15 21:47:59

drink lots and lots and lots of water and milk
you are most likely dehydrated

at least two or three full pints of water a day - not sips, big gulping drinks
esp at the start of the day and just before bed

Eeek Sat 10-Jan-15 21:54:57

Lack of caffeine? If the fizzy drinks are coke and you've stopped suddenly you might be in withdrawal.

LuckyLopez Sun 11-Jan-15 09:24:39

Caffeine is a possibility. I was drinking diet coke and I've cut down to two/three cups of tea a day. I'm dunking about 4-6 glasses of water a day instead. It's hard to drink water first thing when a nice cup of tea hits the spot!

LuckyLopez Sun 11-Jan-15 09:25:11

Drinking not dunking grin

Saranmolly Sun 11-Jan-15 09:31:54

That's probably it then smile Dramatically cutting out caffeine is like cutting out alcohol or cigarettes, you will feel bad before you feel good. great move though, just drink loads of water and you'll feel as right as rain soon smile

TalkinPeace Sun 11-Jan-15 14:05:51

any diet that made me give up tea would be vetoed by my children as they know how ratty I get without it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now