Talk

Advanced search

Are frozen grapes really a thing?

(15 Posts)
msrisotto Fri 09-Jan-15 22:56:12

ive never tried this...what's the point? Saw a reference to it on an American site, it's apparently awesome! Who knew? Everyone but me?

Allshallbewell Fri 09-Jan-15 23:08:38

Frozen grapes are delicious (as are frozen blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and my absolute favourite, cherries). I buy bags of frozen fruit from Sainsburys (black forest fruits and dark, sweet cherries are my favourites) and have a bowl of them straight from the freezer most evenings. I find I'm much less likely to mindlessly eat chocolate etc when I'm watching TV in the evenings if I have a bowl of frozen fruit to hand (although this evening I ate my frozen cherries mixed with vast quantities of triple choc icecream- not quite the same guilt-free pleasure but delicious none the less!)

Fatlegs Fri 09-Jan-15 23:15:29

I love frozen grapes, quite like the texture!! They're also great in your glass of wine, come summertime

Yumwine

RyanAirVeteran Fri 09-Jan-15 23:17:18

Frozen satsuma segments are the mutts nutts, well clearly they are not, but you get the idea.... grin

Fatlegs Fri 09-Jan-15 23:17:24

Instead of ice, use the frozen grapes was meant to say

Trills Fri 09-Jan-15 23:18:55

Not a very good thing

IamTitanium Fri 09-Jan-15 23:20:02

What about pomegranate?

yumyumpoppycat Sat 10-Jan-15 01:20:17

Frozen grapes are ok, not exactly a taste sensation but possibly it would be useful for someone with a snacking problem? what is more amazing imo is chopped frozen banana or mango blended while still pretty frozen into sorbet, its a lot lower in calories than ice cream and paleo friendly but higher in carbs and sugariness.

yumyumpoppycat Sat 10-Jan-15 01:24:44

actually scrap that frozen banana or mango is also lower in carbs than ice cream

Millli Sat 10-Jan-15 01:50:49

I keep frozen grapes and banana in my freezer for snacking on. Like sweeties.

msrisotto Sat 10-Jan-15 09:56:45

hmm, ok...worth giving a try! Especially for my ice cream fanatic DH.

TheTravellingLemon Sat 10-Jan-15 11:59:09

I love a frozen grape! They're delicious.

Fourarmsv2 Sat 10-Jan-15 12:01:08

We (low carbing) have frozen berries blitzed with double cream =
Instant berry ice cream!

GooodMythicalMorning Sat 10-Jan-15 12:05:39

I wasnt a fan. They're ok. Nothing amazing.

kaykayred Sat 10-Jan-15 12:11:55

Frozen grapes are lovely in summer! Good replacement for ice cubes in wine or drinks as they don't dilute the drink.

They are very refreshing! Wouldn't eat them in winter though to be honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now