Talk

Advanced search

need to sort my weight out.

(11 Posts)
CigarettesCanKill Tue 06-Jan-15 10:57:52

Hello smile
I am doing a complete overhaul of my lifestyle starting this week. I am stopping smoking and I desperately need to lose weight.
I have myfitnesspal to log calories and have been browsing for recipes online.
I have a 1 year old DD and want to get healthy for her really.
I have 3 stone to lose but I'm not weighing myself because last time I tried losing weight I was so fixated on the scales it drove me crazy.
anyone got any handy tips to help me along the way?

butwhythistimemummy Tue 06-Jan-15 17:32:33

Hi, I'm in a similar position. I wondered about motivation and think that just talking to someone is a plan? We could add each other on myfitnesspal...also need to lose 3 stone! I have a 1, 3 and 5 year old.

CigarettesCanKill Tue 06-Jan-15 18:53:17

How do I add you on my fitness plan?
i think talking helps too. distraction isn't it?

butwhythistimemummy Tue 06-Jan-15 19:08:21

I'm not sure. If you pm your name I can try?

butwhythistimemummy Thu 08-Jan-15 04:54:54

Finally got on the scales today ( I live abroad) I'm not just up really early! Hadn't weighed myself since Christmas and have been strict all week and was pleasantly surprised. So my aim is exactly 3 stone. I am aiming for 1 in the next 6 weeks? Shall we try and talk here (or mfp) about what we're doing and see if we can spur each other on?

silverjohnleggedit Thu 08-Jan-15 06:54:40

I'd deal with one problem at a time. Stop smoking and then lose weight. I stopped 18years ago and put on a stone, I knew I would but cutting out smoking was more important. Not sure I could have lost weight while I was dealing with nicotine withdrawal. Good luck, I find staying fit and healthy so my kids keep their mum for as long as possible very motivating.

CarbeDiem Thu 08-Jan-15 07:07:44

Measure yourself.
I do -boobs, waist, tum under the belly button, hips, bum and each thigh.
Even when the scales don't move you'll see the inches falling off - it helps keep you motivated.
Measure again every 2 weeks and record it.

Good luck

CigarettesCanKill Thu 08-Jan-15 17:14:55

how are you doing butwhy? I've kept to my calorie goals and downloaded an app that reminds me to drink water throughout the day.
I also found an app for a 7 minute work out which seems like something I could fit in each day. my dd found me doing jumping jacks hilarious earlier grin

butwhythistimemummy Sat 10-Jan-15 17:21:05

This week has gone really well I think. My work is also about to start a Biggest Loser 12 week challenge where you have to pay if you put weight on, so hopefully that will be an additional incentive! I always have a bottle of water with me at the moment (I am terrible at remembering to drink water).

I did 30 Day Shred with my three the other day...not only did they find it hilarious they also tried to 'help'. A three year old on your back does not help an already dodgy push up!

eepie Wed 14-Jan-15 23:22:32

Also need to drop 3 stone - my DD is 6 months old and I am breastfeeding... Would love to be back at my normal weighy by end of May as I have a friend's wedding to go to abroad ! Don't know if that is even realistic considering I'm bfing as maybe can't really diet properly in order to sustain my milk supply ? Have been doing excersize every day instead of dropping cals...

Dowser Thu 15-Jan-15 12:39:29

How do you do pm's?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: