Talk

Advanced search

Any one else finding it hard to get back?

(16 Posts)
Tinofroses Mon 05-Jan-15 20:49:04

Had great intentions but finding it really hard to get going. Had fruit and yoghurt this morning . Had a chicken sandwich (low cal m & s ) for lunch, small steak with veg and 3 salad potatoes for dinner but have just had 4 choc biscuits and a tiny slice of cheesecake. Back to get weighed in on Wednesday night and I dread the scales. Anyone else finding it hard ?

zippyandbungle Mon 05-Jan-15 20:51:34

Yes I've been good all day, then just ate five mini toblerones, a hot chocolate and crumpets with butter.

Tomorrow is another day.

esiotrot2015 Mon 05-Jan-15 20:52:31

You really haven't overdone it today grin
Keep going , you can do it !

Tinofroses Mon 05-Jan-15 20:53:52

Sounds as bad as me. Was good all day yesterday too and then more choc biscuits with tea. I could throw them in bin but then it's making everyone else suffer. No one else is a pig just me.

Kahlua4me Mon 05-Jan-15 20:55:28

Finding it tough too and keep snacking on chocolate , although feeling motivated! Have gone to bed now so I am away from the kitchen.

I reached my goal weight at the beginning of December, so did decide to have the 2 weeks of Christmas off plan completely.

Back to SW meeting tomorrow so that will be my starting point to getting back to target.

I actually surprised myself as although I have eaten lots of cake, biscuits and chocolate, I haven't really enjoyed them and have been looking forward to getting back to plan. If that makes sense!

Hope you find that going to get weighed on Wednesday will put you back on track.

Tinofroses Mon 05-Jan-15 20:56:16

Thanks Esio , I know it could be a lot worse and my intentions are good. Will make up my fruit bowl again for the morning and I have soup ready for lunch so at least a bit of a plan .

Tinofroses Mon 05-Jan-15 20:58:39

Kahlua well done on getting to target. I have another stone or possibly stone and half now to lose to get to something I could be reasonably happy with. I know what you mean about not enjoying the sweet stuff so much .

LongDistanceLove Mon 05-Jan-15 20:58:42

It's finding the right balance, it's ok to eat chocolate/biscuits/cake, but balance it out with eating healthy food, don't think you've failed or had a setback. You just need to find a balance.

fidelma Mon 05-Jan-15 22:31:34

That's not too bad. Just keep going.

toffeeboffin Tue 06-Jan-15 01:07:25

Yup, me. The weather is horrid so all I want to do is stuff my face! I try to low carb, but finding that eggs and cottage cheese are just not cutting it. The leftover Christmas cake is calling!

chimichanga1976 Tue 06-Jan-15 09:13:10

I'm still using up the Bailey's so, until that's gone, it is not officially New Year/Get Fit and Healthy time!! LOL.

Will neck it today and start at gym in morning. Goin to the gym always stops me wanting to negate all the hard work and shove shite down my throat..........

Oh yeah, and I'm 39yrs young in March, birthdays always make me wanna get a wriggle on. But I agree, it's so hard to bounce out of bed and get moving when it's freezing and looks like the middle of the night!

Kahlua4me Tue 06-Jan-15 20:26:49

Good luck tomorrow, tinofroses. Hopefully getting weighed will be the motivation you need to get to target this year.

I found it helped to draw a line under the overeating and start afresh on plan, rather than keep regretting it.

Tinofroses Tue 06-Jan-15 21:27:38

Thanks kahlua . Hope you got on well at sw

Kahlua4me Fri 09-Jan-15 07:11:26

I put on 2lb so not too bad! I thought it would be more so am quite pleased.

Am now slowly getting back into the swing of it....

Kahlua4me Fri 09-Jan-15 07:12:50

Pressed post too soon blush

How did you get on on Wednesday tinofroses?

Tinofroses Fri 09-Jan-15 07:45:04

Hi kahlua I put on 4lb . Not too bad. Well done on your 2lb . That very good. I have joined the over 40 thread for a bit of support. Very little left in the house now except for good proper food. Have decided I don't eat enough for breakfast so going to fill up on free foods then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now