Slimming world brown rice/pasta

(11 Posts)
YellowBellow Mon 05-Jan-15 12:53:31

Does anyone know if brown rice or pasta has to be synned on the extra easy plan?

bakingtins Mon 05-Jan-15 18:55:47

No. All rice or pasta is free.

Cakeismymaster Tue 06-Jan-15 19:43:26

So can you eat massive bowls of rice or pasta if you want?

Dognado Tue 06-Jan-15 20:20:55

Yes! You're really supposed to fill most of your plate with vegetables, but pasta itself is not limited.

bakingtins Tue 06-Jan-15 20:24:32

You're supposed to have at least a third of each meal as 'super free' fruit (fresh or frozen, not dried or juiced) or vegetables, I guess that or the size of plate you can carry limits your portion size, but no measuring required.

Cakeismymaster Tue 06-Jan-15 21:19:01

Just can't get my head round the pasta thing - if I ate pasta every day for a week, even if it was with plain low fat sauce and veg etc, I would put on weight without a doubt.

YellowBellow Tue 06-Jan-15 22:44:11

As long as it is dried pasta you wouldn't, so long as all the other foods you eat aren't the wrong kinds, of course!

Mamahaylock Sun 03-Jan-16 23:39:23

Im starting slimming world tomorrow and im finding it hard to get my head around all i can eat and still supposedly loose weight too especially pasta! But im going to be choosing brown pasta to help get into a healthier mindset in general x

LaurieFairyCake Sun 03-Jan-16 23:52:09

You can't have a mountain of pasta. One third of your plate needs to be free veg.

So the more pasta you pile on, the more beg you have to eat

And you have to eat the veg, you can't just eat the pasta and declare yourself too full for your salad grin

emwithme Mon 04-Jan-16 00:03:06

You're not supposed to stuff yourself until you're groaning and can't move. It's eat until you're satisfied/just full.

The whole "it's free you can stuff yourself" myth really is the one that annoys me most about SW.

LaurieFairyCake Mon 04-Jan-16 00:04:56

Yes, no stuffing

You won't want to once you've eaten your veg anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now