Talk

Advanced search

Eating normal food with the family but still hoping to lose a stone!

(11 Posts)
Gingerfudge Sat 03-Jan-15 10:43:43

I haven't weighed myself but my clothes say I'm a stone over where I'd like to be...weighing will happen when I feel a bit braver. blush

My rules are:

No snacking
No sugar
No second helpings

For January only to kick start weight loss and maintain good habits.

No alcohol
Smaller portions

I'll be trying to eat a good variety of veg too and getting more active.

PitchWrapped Sat 03-Jan-15 10:46:08

Maybe use frylight instead of oil for cooking with, you wont notice much of a difference in taste

GooodMythicalMorning Sat 03-Jan-15 10:48:27

Yes decrease your portion size. You don't really have to miss anything. Just have less of it.

Bisgetti Sat 03-Jan-15 10:50:17

I'll join you in this

No eating the dc's leftovers
Walking whenever I can or getting of the bus a stop or 2 early
No binge eating
Drinking more water, having a glass of water every time I head to the kitchen for a snack
Stop kidding myself by buying 'treats' for the dc and then eating them ALL myself
I have joined the gym - actually going there!
Loving my body whatever shape or size!

sooperdooper Sat 03-Jan-15 10:50:22

Are you planning to do any exercise? I always find it easier to lose weight when I do some exercise too (I need to do some asap that's for sure!)

LammilyDoll Sat 03-Jan-15 11:17:36

What a sensible plan, Gingerfudge! Much better than faddy diets, and separate meals. But don't go hungry - fill yourself up with extra veg. Good luck!

BitOutOfPractice Sat 03-Jan-15 11:21:41

Op I'm with you! Good luck.

Have you tried the hairy bikers diet books. They are fab. Realistic recipes that everyone in this house enjoys and which are really tasty and low calorie

BakewellSlice Sat 03-Jan-15 11:35:48

I had friends who used smaller plates and lost weight.

Gingerfudge Sat 03-Jan-15 11:46:36

I probably will rebalance my plate a bit by reducing the starch and making room for a larger variety of veg, I might make myself a homemade soup for lunch probably with a good splash of cream wink, reducing fat is not something I plan to do...kids need fat in their diet and so do I! grin I just need to have one bowl of loveliness and leave it at that!

Currently recovering from a chest infection, so exercise at the moment is refilling my large glass, with water. But I will be returning to exercising when I recover.

I try to focus on the health benefits of exercise rather than weight loss benefits because the more I exercise the hungrier I feel, so it doesn't really help me much weight loss but it's great for my mind and body.

Agree that you need to love your shape because even after losing a stone I will still have larger than average thighs....but that is my shape and that's ok, I've learned to accept this - and no amount of running, boxing, squats etc will change this.

Gingerfudge Sun 04-Jan-15 11:09:07

Braved the scales this morning - 68kg, just what I had feared. But now that's done I know for sure. sad

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Mon 05-Jan-15 00:43:07

Me too, exactly. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now