Talk

Advanced search

So guys I need your support!

(3 Posts)
whippy33 Thu 01-Jan-15 07:26:39

I've been overweight for a long time and have struggled to lose weight even thought I really want to. Anyway it seems I have figured out why.....I have been using my weight as a security blanket as I have had two traumatic experiences with men in the past and I think that being overweight means I am overlooked by men which keeps me 'safe'. If that makes sense. Well it has kept me safe while I got over the experiences and now I feel much stronger and although I am still not keen on a relationship, I know that if I got attention from men it wouldn't scare me like it previously has done.
So here goes to my weight loss and exercise challenge! Just off out for a 5 mile walk with the dog to begin my new routines. Any support over the coming weeks will be greatly appreciated to keep me focused on my goal!

26Point2Miles Thu 01-Jan-15 15:04:24

That's a great start

How much do you need to lose?

whippy33 Thu 01-Jan-15 22:00:23

Thank you, I have eaten well today and enjoyed the walk. My alarm is set for early doors to get up and go again tomorrow! Each day I do well I will be adding money to a jar to treat myself to new clothes when I (hopefully) need them!
I need to lose about 5 stones so it does seem like a mountain but I did see a post on Facebook that I have set as my home screen on my phone saying "A year from now you will have wished you started today" so I see it daily to remind me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now