Talk

Advanced search

3 meals a day

(10 Posts)
Countyourchickens Sun 28-Dec-14 20:36:09

Anyone had success losing weight with just eating 3 meals a day ? I m desperate for a simple solution.

TalkinPeace Sun 28-Dec-14 21:09:19

If you totally give up snacking, ever ever ever
and restrict ALL of your calorie intake to
(a) cups of tea / coffee / milk
(b) meals that are high in vegetables /protein
and your portions are within your TDEE of your ideal weight

eating two as many of us do or three meals a day should work just fine

BUT
no snacking
and
portion control
are the secrets

Countyourchickens Sun 28-Dec-14 22:23:04

Thank you.

What the heck to is TDEE though? ��

Countyourchickens Sun 28-Dec-14 22:31:20

Not sure what the 'to' is for smile

Lucked Sun 28-Dec-14 23:47:52

Have a look at the no s diet for motivation. I think this could be the key to weight maintenance but I am looking to loose weight a bit quicker, or at least the first stone.

Galvanized Sun 28-Dec-14 23:53:36

Yes! I stopped snacking, not even a biscuit offered at friends houses with a cuppa, and lost weight. The hardest was not snacking as a "reward" in the evenings - tough habit.

Galvanized Sun 28-Dec-14 23:54:30

It's true that if you eat less sugar, you crave it less, I was surprised!

Countyourchickens Mon 29-Dec-14 04:38:06

Thank you. I had a look at the no s diet.

Good to hear you lost weight Galvanised

EhricJinglingHisBallsOnHigh Mon 29-Dec-14 06:21:55

It won't work as a technique on its own unless you plan and control what those meals are. My TDEE (total daily energy expenditure, the amount I need to maintain my weight) is 1800 calories and I could happily eat that over three meals if I wasn't bothered about losing weight. So sticking to three meals is fine, but mine would need to be, for example, breakfast 300 calories, lunch 400, dinner 600. That can be done easily but it does take some planning.
Why don't you find out your TDEE, deduct 500 and plan some meals that you enjoy and that fit in that calorie allowance? Once you jave some meal ideas you may not need to rigidly calorie count everything as long as you stick to your three meals and don't go crazy with portion sizes.

ppeatfruit Mon 29-Dec-14 11:26:22

Look at Paul Mckenna I lost nearly 3 stone with his way of eating and am still maintaining . You EAT WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY but YOU EAT SLOWLY AND CONSCIOUSLY , sitting at a table not in front of a screen or a book, and STOP WHEN YOU'RE FULL.

The above of course does not exclude snacks. (it frees you from the tyranny of eating by the clock) I also follow a very healthy way of eating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now