Talk

Advanced search

Holy Crap I need to lose four stone 10

(6 Posts)
WheresMyBodyGone Sat 20-Dec-14 21:00:26

I'm 50, 5ft 6" but was always under 10st until pregnant 16 years ago and it's gone up slowly but surely. Now look at me. I overeat but I just don't see the weight going up, partly because the scales have been broken for a while but I just fixed them and am fairly shocked. I am proper obese now, how the heck did that happen?

I've always been active, still think I am and would think nothing of working hard in the garden all day, have good stamina but zero motivation. Tried alternate day fasting about a year ago which worked well but I think it might have affected the way I look at overeating due to the 'on' days being a free-for-all.

Have one DD who is overweight and one DD at the lower end of healthy. DP is a skinny sugar junkie.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is getting a dog - good idea or bad?

Nancery Sat 20-Dec-14 21:36:08

I think it depends on your time commitments tbh. I have three stone, approx (daren't go on scales) and also have a highly active border collie and a toddler. A dog unfortunately doesn't make the weight drop off (I wish) although I am far fitter now than I would be without her.

WheresMyBodyGone Sat 20-Dec-14 23:18:22

I'm horrified at how quickly I have put the last two stone on and tipped from overweight to obese. I'm wishing the 'healthy' range was a little narrower so the journey to obesity doesn't come quite so quickly.

Nancery Sun 21-Dec-14 22:18:18

It's horrid - and seems to be invisible until it's nearly too late!

fidelma Sun 21-Dec-14 22:22:17

Our dog makes me walk everyday. Great excuse to get out the house come rain or shine ( today was wet and windy!)

WheresMyBodyGone Mon 22-Dec-14 01:16:35

Well I started off with some resolve this morning and didn't eat until I was hungry, then by the end of the day I found myself munching a lot of Turkish Delight.

Oh well tomorrow is another day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now