Talk

Advanced search

December - are you losing, maintaining, gaining or not counting?

(6 Posts)
FoodieMum3 Tue 16-Dec-14 13:33:15

Just wondering how you're all doing with the month that's in it?

I've been very sensible so far. I haven't bought any 'goodies' and managed to eat just a few of the tub of roses we received as a gift. Last year I would have polished off most of the box myself fblush
I couldn't say no to all the temptation last year and piled on weight from early December fblush
I have 2 occasions this weekend; Saturday is my family's christmas gathering, which will involve sit down roast with all the trimmings, desserts etc. Same again on Sunday with the inlaws. I will eat light and go for a jog on Monday.

Christmas Eve we have cooked ham sandwiches and mince pies by the fire (family tradition). I will indulge but just smaller portion.
I will eat and drink what I fancy Christmas Day and pick on Boxing Day blush

From December 27th I'll be back to being sensible again.

So I'm expecting a gain (obviously) but will deal with it very quickly and sensibly.

I can't imagine losing or maintaining at this time of year lol. I've never been to a weightloss group so I don't know what the advice is.

Yuleloglatte Tue 16-Dec-14 13:38:07

I've lost 3 stone this year ( 2 to go) and I am relaxing in December, but planning a strict January. I have surprised myself how I am just not tempted by lots of things this year, and while I am having a break, I choose not to eat much bread or potatoes or pasta as I'm used to the alternatives now. I'm going to buy a small selection of hotel chocolat rather than stuff myself on quality street, I'm only buying crisps that the kids like and I will see how it goes!

FoodieMum3 Tue 16-Dec-14 13:49:00

Snap Yuleloglatte, I've also lost 3 stone. Well done to you, it's a great achievement and a great feeling. It's funny how we can do without it. My Christmas grocery shopping will be significantly cheaper this year, another bonus fgrin

I am worried that if I'm too easy and delay until January I will completely fall off the wagon and do serious damage. I lost a lot of weight 3 years ago and put it all back on, surprisingly quickly too. I'm terrified of it happening again. The 'lightbulb' is currently on and I want it to remain on, lol.
I was a huge over eater, just could not get enough. fblush

kaykayblue Tue 16-Dec-14 13:49:17

I tend to lose weight over christmas, but not sure why.

This year I actively want to lose weight, so plan to go running in the mornings or to do a sports video at home. There's lots of running up and down the stairs, which is a big change from our tiny apartment.

Luckily I'm not a big chocolate fan, so it's easier to avoid eating a whole tub of roses!

colleysmill Wed 17-Dec-14 11:31:31

I'm going to a well known weight loss group and I've still consistently lost so far in Dec and got my 5% goal and im so near a stone I can almost touch it smile

Our leader I think is pretty realistic and says if you maintain brilliant. If you still lose its a fantastic bonus.. The group regularly attending though is noticeably smaller than say 6 weeks ago but im still going because I need the motivation and discipline to stay on track. I'm pretty clued up on what I need to do but sticking with it has always been my downfall! And I don't want to start the new year back at where I started.

saying that though I'd like to think the choices I have made are different from what I would have opted for last year. I'm quite optimistic for the festive period - I've managed to negotiate the work do and a christening and parties and still lost so I can't see why I can't manage it smile

Fourarmsv2 Wed 17-Dec-14 12:43:39

I lost weight last Dec but it was fairly early in my weight loss journey (started at 214, today I'm 142lb). Glad I kept on - lost 5 stone from Sept 2013 - July 2014 and have maintained for 6 months now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now