Talk

Advanced search

lighterlife on my own

(5 Posts)
sueofwestford Tue 02-Dec-14 20:25:33

I have lost weight successfully over the last few years using Lighterlife .

Having put on two stone I would like to do it again but having learned some of the tools have lost my local group & want to do it without a group .

Is there anyone out there who is starting who could share their experiences through this thread?

Also having difficulty genning myself up to get through the first 3/4 days -any words of wisdom?

Images show me now v how I looked this time last year 2 stone thinner

specialsubject Wed 03-Dec-14 10:50:09

why have you put on two stone? Wouldn't it be better to address what happened there rather than paying again for a failed diet?

I know this won't be a popular opinion but it could save you a lot of money...

sueofwestford Wed 03-Dec-14 13:47:18

Put on two stone over a stressful summer & inactivity following a hysterectomy & a long term habit of using food as consolation.

I am however an all or nothing person and abstinence works for me .

I don't think I actually spend more on the meal replacements than when eating standard meals.

specialsubject Wed 03-Dec-14 17:16:46

don't they taste like crap though? Why not eat decent veg, flavoursome stir-fries, tasty meat/chicken (if you aren't a veggie), and all the other wonderful things that are about?

anyway, you know why you've put on weight - for understandable reasons. Hopefully those issues have now eased, so you can get moving and eat some decent food.

yo-yo dieting is disastrous for health, especially as the overall trend is always fatter.

good luck with healthy eating and moving. Note today's headline about some crash-dieting sleb who's had the lighterlife advert banned. And I'm afraid the previous poster girl Pauline Quirke is porking up again.

it doesn't work.

sueofwestford Thu 04-Dec-14 10:20:51

Hi I will look up those articles on the web.I tend to eat the spaghetti bolognese & curry or chilli & shepherds pie which taste OK. I am a fan of Lighterlife it is a relatively short term sacrifice for long term gain.

Scientists are uncovering evidence that short periods of fasting, if properly controlled, could achieve a number of health benefits, as well as potentially helping the overweight.

Once I am past the first week I sleep better have more energy and feel so much better about myself.

I believe in loosing the weight then eating healthily to manage it.I love to cook really health food.Donna Hay,Ottolenghi.

I also love being a size 10 as opposed to size 16 & being able to wear and do what I want without restriction .

The benefits of losing weight are huge the challenges for me are achieving this first week and managing my stresses when I am light.

PS I lost 2kg yesterday.I am now on day 2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now