Talk

Advanced search

I want to detox, but i dont know where to start!

(7 Posts)
MrsMaker83 Mon 01-Dec-14 20:32:04

I will keep this short and to the point.

Im 5ft and approx10.5 stone.

I am fed up. I am a little flabby, out of shape, though not over weight or 'fat'. I feel unhealthy, and groggy and tired all the time.

I have never dieted, never really thought too much about what i eat, i have a varied diet, though i do pretty much eat what i want but do very little exercise. If I'm honest, weight/body/diets/exercise have never been of interest to me before.

I am going through major comfort/junk/quick food cravings, more so in these wintery months, but want to put a stop to it and possibly lose a little weight and feel better before christmas.

I have heard of the forever clean 9 cleanse, juice plus, herbalife etc etc etc but i absolutely can not afford anything like this.

Can anybody recommend a very simple, straightforward cleanse or detox programme that i can throw together at home easily with things i can pick up at the supermarket?

I intend to use this as a kick start to a healthier more active lifestyle.

TIA!

TalkinPeace Mon 01-Dec-14 21:20:21

What do you hope to achieve with a "detox" as much of it is utter hokum.

Stop snacking : two or three meals a day mainly comprising vegetables and fruit with no snacks in between.
Only drink water or milk.
Cut out booze five days a week.
Cut out ALL carbonated drinks.
Cut right back on sugar five days a week

specialsubject Tue 02-Dec-14 13:35:35

actually ALL of detox is utter hokum. You have kidneys and a liver, if they work it is all being done. The 'cleanse' or 'detox' products do absolutely nothing.

do what TalkinPeace says, or even more simply; eat properly and move more.

BakernDavisItWorks11 Sun 07-Dec-14 01:10:32

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

peasandlove Sun 07-Dec-14 01:59:26

I would cut out sugar. Try and eat foods that are not processed too much. Lots of veges, meats that aren't cured, some fruit and drink lots of water.
You don't need to buy any special drinks or pills just be more selective when you're at the supermarket. It does take a bit of planning to not eat junk food

TanteRose Sun 07-Dec-14 02:22:07

www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/dec/05/detox-myth-health-diet-science-ignorance

Tanukisan Sun 07-Dec-14 09:13:59

Do you fancy doing a Whole30 with me? Not a detox!

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/weight_loss_chat/2253600-Anyone-else-want-to-clean-up-their-eating-in-January-with-me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now