Talk

Advanced search

Watch this weight loss psychology video?

(5 Posts)
RoseyHope Mon 24-Nov-14 11:55:42

It's here. It's a bit long (20 min). I'd be really interested to hear if this struck a chord with anyone else.

bilbodog Thu 27-Nov-14 17:00:21

sorry I can't listen to the site on this computer so I don't know what it says but I have recently come across the jon gabriel method which makes a lot of sense to me. I'll try and look at this later.

bilbodog Thu 27-Nov-14 17:22:33

Hi - i've just managed to listen to some of it. Sounds not unlike the Jon Gabriel method which I think, put simply, is about being positive about ourselves and learning to like ourselves no matter what. Jons method talks about us sub conciously 'wanting to be fat' and having to teach ourselves that we don't need to be fat - in fact our bodes need to be thin - but everytime we go on a diet we restrict what we are putting into our bodies and this makes our bodies go into 'starvation mode' so they cling on to as many calories as they can in case we go into the food dessert again - some how this makes sense to me. I haven't lost any weight yet as far as I know but my eating habits have already chanced and i felt an instant difference in my relationship with food just having read his book.

RoseyHope Fri 28-Nov-14 12:31:44

Yes, the biggest thing I've taken away from that I think is to love myself before losing the weight, not losing weight so that I can love myself. Easier said than done, though! I don't know if I'll be able to but I'm certainly going to try.

It has changed how I view myself a little though. All my life, even as a child, it was "you're fat. You'd be quite pretty if you lost that weight." etc, and I never once felt like I was good enough for my family or friends because I was fat. But maybe I am good enough; I'm a decent person I think and a good worker. I also happen to be fat and have issues with eating. But it's not all I am. Maybe other people could see that too.

hydeparkhottie Tue 09-Dec-14 19:58:59

I haven't been fat my entire life but I have been these past 6 years and OH BOY is my mother in law a cow about it.

She refuses to introduce me formally toen the rest of the family because 'You're too fat, and not happy with yourself...you can meet the when you are more confident."

I hate her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now