Talk

Advanced search

Let's lose half a stone before Christmas

(78 Posts)
fidelma Wed 19-Nov-14 19:55:17

I want to lose half a stone before Christmas. I always find it very difficult. Will you come and support me/ join me?

twobambinos Wed 19-Nov-14 20:23:57

Yes yes

fidelma Wed 19-Nov-14 20:42:26

I'm starting right now. I need to stop snacking.

Headspaceneeded Wed 19-Nov-14 20:46:50

Me me me!!

I started this week after an enormous blow out over the weekend and am hoping for at least half a stone by Christmas.

26Point2Miles Wed 19-Nov-14 20:47:46

I started on Monday

I'm just starting a new running plan as well. No mince pies for me just yet!

flymetotheprune Wed 19-Nov-14 20:48:13

I could do with losing a stone but half would be great before Crimbo. I need to get my mouth sewn up to have any realistic chance though fsad

fourwoodenchairs Wed 19-Nov-14 20:49:11

YY!

lk26 Wed 19-Nov-14 20:58:40

Oh count me in please. Need to loose 2 st really but breaking it down to 1/2 st at a time.
Baby weight needs to come off. Said baby is now 2 ! ( years not months ).
Stated myfitnesspal this week and back to the gym. Done 2x spin and grit already.
Have a lovely holiday booked in June with my gorgeous skinny friends !!
My friend jokingly called me a dumpling at the weekend so that was the kick up the ass I need. confusedconfused

fidelma Wed 19-Nov-14 21:02:01

Great. I'm not alone. I'm drinking lots of decaf tea tonight. Which does stop me munching.
Tomorrow I'm out for lunch. So I will have 2 eggs for breakfast. A lovely low fat no pudding lunch and a light tea.
I don't have much time to exercise tomorrow but I will do a 30 min walk.
What are your plans for tomorrow?

Headspaceneeded Wed 19-Nov-14 21:06:48

I need to stop snacking on rubbish. I struggle with fitting in exercise so any suggestions gratefully received.

MercuryRising Wed 19-Nov-14 21:07:06

I am in. I am out of control at the moment. I am going to cut out snacking after dinner. My meals aren't too bad it is the mindless evening grazing which is stopping me losing weight.

lk26 Wed 19-Nov-14 21:07:12

Tomorrow is carry on with myfitnesspal. Entertain 2 yr old all day. Gym for grit and body pump class tomorrow night.
Need to drink more water too.

lk26 Wed 19-Nov-14 21:08:12

When I was short of time I did the 30 min shred by Jillian michaels. Get it on YouTube. It's good.

5madthings Wed 19-Nov-14 21:13:27

Me too! I need to get out running again and then it comes off but it's cold and dark and wet...

Lovetheleaves Wed 19-Nov-14 21:13:32

I'm in too , also need to lose more but would be happy for half stone by this day 5 weeks which is Xmas eve. Today I have had
Bowl of cereal, skimmed milk
Banana, apple, raspberries
Small low fat health chicken salad wrap and yoghurt
Homemade chicken curry and small portion of rice. Few cups of coffee, water and 1 choc truffle sweet.

Hoviscats Wed 19-Nov-14 21:16:51

I am in too!

Reckon I have at least 1.5 stone to go but am far too scared to weigh myself! The one time I lost a lot of weight I did it without ever weighing myself so am going to try that again and concentrate on healthy eating and exercise... That said I might weigh myself in a month if all is going to plan....which it will be of course! grin

I started on Monday and feel better already, less bloated anyway. Struggling with exercise as I have a dodgy knee which stopped me running earlier in the year...I then hit the Jillian Michaels DVDs for a month and buggered up my back. Sigh. Physio underway but slow return to decent exercise means my eating better is even more important.

Am hoping that this thread might help me stay motivated smile

Newlacesleeves Wed 19-Nov-14 22:14:24

I'm definitely in- I can't face another Christmas feeling frumpy and flabby. I'm going to cut back on carbs and lay off the snacks too. I'm on day 5 of the Shred and am going to try and do it every day.

Neverenoughhoursintheday Wed 19-Nov-14 22:17:03

I'm in, weekends are my downfall sad

Headspaceneeded Wed 19-Nov-14 22:38:36

Weekends are also my problem. Hopefully if I can distract myself by posting on here I will be able to resist weekend temptation!

lk26 Thu 20-Nov-14 08:13:44

Well usual porridge and banana here for breakfast. Going to walk the long way to town today and also make vege soup for lunch. No bread though. Fish and salad for supper and 2 classes at the gym tonight.
All sounds great on paper but likely to go tits up at anytime.
Hope everyone else up and ready for the day ahead. smile

galbraith Thu 20-Nov-14 12:26:20

I'm in!

I've got 17lb to lose, so just over a stone. I've downloaded MFP to my phone for the first time and I'm trying to keep to 1400 calories a day, mainly by low carbing (OMG I had no idea how many cals were in pasta!).

I've also signed up for the Brighton Marathon next April (eek! arrrgh!) so need to seriously step up the running over the next few months. For now I'm going to force myself out for 5km runs 5x each week. I bought the 30 Day Shred DVD a couple of weeks ago but have only done it twice so far... oh dear!

Hoviscats Thu 20-Nov-14 17:45:24

Good day so far. Spinach, mushroom and courgette omelette for breakfast, hummus and salad for lunch, couple of satsumas and heading off to the gym now. Stir fry or soup when I get back depending what I fancy.

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

chickensandbees Thu 20-Nov-14 17:54:59

I'm in. Need to lose a stone, but half a stone by Xmas would be fab. Then I'd be the same weight as last Xmas.

No snacking.

Exercise 5 times a week.

Smaller portions.

I refuse to give up the wine though.grin

LifeforceHF Fri 21-Nov-14 11:57:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fourwoodenchairs Fri 21-Nov-14 12:49:13

I've reported your post Kris, it's against the MN rules.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now