Talk

Advanced search

Misfit shine wearables - is their calorie counting accurate?

(1 Post)
MumOfTheMoos Mon 10-Nov-14 09:47:18

I've done everything I'm supposed to and managed to put on 0.2kg!

I've been wearing a misfit shine for the last 5 weeks and this last week was the first time that I've reached my 10,000 steps on average a day - in fact, I smashed it reaching the target on Saturday night. I've done this by doing a lot more walking and swimming 1km (very slowly) 2 or 3 times a week.

Last week was also the first time I synched it with my fitness pal and filled in my food diary. - I wasn't trying to diet I just thought I'd start measuring for a while and then see what sustainable changes I can make. I've used mfp to lose weight before and am pretty good at filling it in.

Anyhow, with the additional calories provided through the synch with my pedometer I was under the number of calories to lose 0.5kg.

All good apart from this morning when I weighed myself, I'd put on weight. The good news is that according to my scales my percentage body fat has gone down and I do feel slightly more toned that before but could it really be down to increased muscle tone as a result of the swimming?

Or is the misfit shine synch inaccurate - does anyone have any experience of this?

To be fair, my primary reason for using the misfit shine is to get more active - I had a health MOT in the summer that said I was all fine but my heart was effectively the heart of a woman 5 years older than me. This my effort to bring down the age of my heart!! Losing weight will help but I hate dieting so was looking to use the nudge of the technology to help me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now