Talk

Advanced search

How do you stop craving sweet things?

(5 Posts)
Jemster Tue 04-Nov-14 07:45:39

I never used to like cakes or biscuits, now I just eat them almost out of habit. I have to have a biccie with cup of tea and if I go out for a coffee I feel like I am pulled towards the cakes and buy one even if I don't really want one. Then afterwards I feel cross with myself for consuming a load of unnecessary calories.
I do struggle with low mood and think I see it as like a comfort thing. I want to cut it right down though as the pounds are slowly creeping on and I want to get healthier & fitter, important as have long term health condition,

Please can anyone offer any tips?

dragonflyinthelillies Tue 04-Nov-14 07:47:41

Cold turkey! Once you cut them out it really doesn't take long for the cravings to go. The first bit is just the worst. Be strong! wink

TwllBach Tue 04-Nov-14 07:48:19

The only way I managed it was cutting them all out completely. I managed it last year... By day three I didn't even want them. Then I reintroduced them and as soon as I've had something I want something else...

I get sugar hangovers if I try and cut it out you know. It's scary when you think about it like that!

Jemster Tue 04-Nov-14 07:56:17

Thanks so you're saying you can't really just have a little bit here & there, it's all or nothing?!

TwllBach Tue 04-Nov-14 15:13:35

I'm saying that I can't because I have no willpower at all but I'm sure sensible people can!

I did find though that I didn't actually even like the taste of it once I had been off it for a week or so. I did recently for nine days actually... and then I ate some a lot of chocolate and it made the insides of my teeth feel furry. Honestly like furry sandpaper.

I still kept eating it though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now