Talk

Advanced search

Apples and Diet Coke only?

(17 Posts)
KimberBentonIsGoingSolo Mon 03-Nov-14 03:30:36

Has anyone tried this diet?

Yeah I know its a fad, but I was thinking maybe I would do it once or twice a week and eat healthy the rest of the days.

26Point2Miles Mon 03-Nov-14 08:17:19

Absolutely ridiculous.... That's how it sounds!

PotOfYoghurt Mon 03-Nov-14 08:26:07

You would be much better of doing 5:2 if you want to fast.

As well as the detriment to your general health, your teeth will be horrendous.

LittleBearPad Mon 03-Nov-14 08:28:49

you know that's a ludicrous way to lose weight, don't you.

mereswinesaliva Thu 05-Jan-17 16:51:31

I am so doing this for 2017!

I love this sort of novelty diet - very 1970s! smile

Lord Faulkner did it to good effect. Lost 5 stone eating apples and Diet Coke and a sensible meal at night.

I think men can be so focused on dieting once they make their minds up. Mind you, I have PMT to cope with - unlike Lord Faulkner!!!!

www.guardian.com

The former lord chancellor Lord Falconer has told how he has lost five stone on a regime of apples and Diet Coke.

The 62-year-old Labour peer has come down from 16st 6lb (104 kg) two years ago to 11st 5lb (72 kg) now, the Sunday Times reported.

Lord Falconer told the newspaper: “I go without breakfast and lunch. I live on apples during the day and then have a normal dinner.”

He manages a five-mile jog in just 45 minutes most days and has also given up alcohol, plus coffee and tea.

He said: “The big downside consequence is that I have become addicted to Diet Coke. I might drink eight or nine of them a day.

“I was pleased to see that the EU, after much deliberation, has decided that they don’t cause cancer.”

He decided to lose weight because he was “just so fat”, as lawyers eat the whole time, he said.

“I just thought: you’re about to fall over a cliff. There will be no going back. You’ll be fat for ever. I felt between 1997 and 2007 that I was the only new Labour minister who would drink at lunchtime.”

PickAChew Thu 05-Jan-17 16:52:54

Sounds like the ultimate combination for feeling hungry all day.

HarrietSchulenberg Thu 05-Jan-17 16:54:49

I lived off diet coke in the early 90s. I had lots of fillings in the late 90s because the carbonated water had destroyed my tooth enamel and, despite frequent and regular brushing, my teeth had rotted.
Combine diet coke with the acid in apples and kiss goodbye to your gnashers.

Whatslovegottodo Thu 05-Jan-17 16:54:55

Wow I would be anxious, irritable, distracted and starving! Wouldn't be the diet for me OP. I don't think faddy diets are the answer. Maybe slimming world / WW would help?

FaFoutis Thu 05-Jan-17 16:56:42

You will need some Gaviscon, or at least I would if I did that.

MoreBushThanMoss Thu 05-Jan-17 16:57:38

You will make yourself feel very unwell. Take it from one who knows. Try exercise and calorie controlled balanced diet instead.

MoreBushThanMoss Thu 05-Jan-17 16:59:20

what fafoutis said.

Also Imodium and a large feather cushion gaffa taped to the back of your head, so you don't whack it when you faint.

AuntieStella Thu 05-Jan-17 16:59:24

Yes, what Falconer describes - consuming very little during the day then having a normal dinner - is pretty much the pattern on which I lost weight during 2016. Restricting yourself to just apples and diet coke isn't necessary, and sounds terrible for your bone health.

How about plain water and a variety of fruit, seeds and nuts to the same calorie total?

Spam88 Thu 05-Jan-17 17:03:54

8 or 9 diet cokes a day? 😱

FaFoutis Thu 05-Jan-17 17:04:03

Proper 1970s diet of cottage cheese and grapefruit would be nicer.

PotteringAlong Thu 05-Jan-17 17:07:49

Completely ridiculous. Eat properly; do some exercise.

HarryTheFluff Fri 06-Jan-17 14:01:03

Seriously!!! This is actually what people who are anorexic do sad

A lack of nutrients will destroy your body if you do this for a long time, in the short term you'd be better off just doing a fast than drinking 8 diet cokes a day!!

SolomanDaisy Fri 06-Jan-17 14:04:26

That's not a diet, it's the before section in an article about recovering from anorexia.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now