Talk

Advanced search

Do you have a 'Go to' mantra when tempted?

(10 Posts)
Tansie Fri 04-Apr-14 13:10:02

I mean something you chant to yourself when facing the contents of the fridge, starving!

Something like Kate's "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"?

It needs to be snappy and instantly accessible, doesn't it?

126sticks Fri 04-Apr-14 21:01:41

No, but I have some go to foods.

Tansie Fri 04-Apr-14 22:53:50

grin

whereisshe Fri 04-Apr-14 23:03:44

I just distract myself. The need to eat cake is generally transitory.

Pontouf Sat 05-Apr-14 09:02:32

I read something that was along the lines of - do I want the junk food I've wanted for ten minutes or the body I've wanted for years? This is helping at the moment - 25lbs lost since Jan 1st!

Sadly got about 5stone to go.....

StealthPolarBear Sat 05-Apr-14 09:06:10

getting on this thread as willpower appears ro have deserted me
Hve just read Paul McKenna's emotional eatng which was helpful as it taught me what is normal (eat when you're hungry, stop when it's no longer enjoyable) but I am still struggling with willpower

StealthPolarBear Sat 05-Apr-14 09:07:07

Well done Pontouf BTW
I have lost 4 stone in the last couple of year but have veered between 11 and 12ish for the last 6 months or so, do not seem to be able to lose any more and have lost all the things that made me feel good about myself

Tansie Sat 05-Apr-14 17:20:09

Pontouf- that's a good mantra! I like it! It's possibly stronger than Kate's mine as it asks a question you must answer.

Well done with the weight loss. You're obviously doing something right!

evelynj Sat 05-Apr-14 21:58:01

Like it pontouf! I'm in same boat as you with weight lost & to lose.

I try to think yes I want to eat that but I'd rather have a weight loss on Tuesday.

Or try to remember the last time I wanted to eat a choccy biscuit & 5 mins later was pissed off that I did it, so just wait 5 mins & feel good that I hadn't thrown in days of being good.

ancientbuchanan Sat 05-Apr-14 22:05:46

This is really helpful. As I need to start again.

But I am trying either mint tea, or lemon and ginger tea, as the go to foods. And water.

So far, not much weight loss but better skin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now