Talk

Advanced search

Keeping losing and gaining the same half stone!

(9 Posts)
way2serious Wed 26-Mar-14 21:48:40

I am getting really frustrated. I seem to be losing about half stone over a couple of weeks and then relaxing and gaining it all again. This has now happened several times and I am now getting really frustrated with myself. Any suggestions for how I can lose it once and for all!

Logg1e Thu 27-Mar-14 05:56:25

How are you currently losing it?

way2serious Thu 27-Mar-14 06:39:46

Low carving. Portion sizes.

way2serious Thu 27-Mar-14 06:40:16

Low carbing even!

MaryWestmacott Thu 27-Mar-14 07:43:51

Then I guess this isn't working for you as a total life change. You can't relax and regain it, you can only "relax" your rules to maintenance levels.

I found my fitness pal helpful, apart from anything else, it then calculates your allowance once you've hit your target weight and want to maintain it.

If low carbing and portion control is what you want to do, then once you've hit your target weight you can slightly increase your carbs and portions, but never back to old levels. Your lifestyle change has to be forever, not for the period you diet. If low carbing isn't something you can stick to for the rest of your life, then it's not for you. Can you just do portion control and lose the weight a little slower, but hopefully make it a "forever" change, you won't be on a set diet, you can eat what you like, just less of it.

Logg1e Thu 27-Mar-14 09:43:16

So, after you've lost the weight, do you go back on to carbs and increase portion size? I've never done low carbs, so I'm not sure how it works.

castlesintheair Thu 27-Mar-14 10:42:23

I was exactly the same OP and it had been going on the years! I did the 5:2 fasting, 4:3 when I coulc bear it, and it worked well. I lost "my half stone" quickly and have managed to not put it back on again. If the scales go up I just have a fast day and it seems to keep it in check. I now want to lose another half stone so am back on the 5:2 again. It really suits me as I am an all or nothing sort of person. I can't bear to always be on a diet/watching what I eat so fasting days are ideal.

way2serious Thu 27-Mar-14 21:35:11

Hi Castles. I have been thinking about the fasting approach. What do you typically eat on a fasting day?

castlesintheair Fri 28-Mar-14 06:22:04

Mostly veg soup, fruit, raw veg, salad (leaves) lots of water. Yesterday I had some smoked trout too. It's hard going but it's only for a day at a time. Meant to be 500 calories max on fast days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now