Talk

Advanced search

Help!!! Not shifted a single pound

(5 Posts)
SugarMouse1 Mon 24-Mar-14 23:08:51

After being shocked about my weight which has crept up, though still in same clothes size, I decided to start eating healthily and exercising more.

I have kept this up for 2 weeks now and haven't lost a single pound, and I have about 2st to lose. I did have half a cake at the weekend, but made sure I ate less snacks to compensate and have been walking a lot more swimming a few times.

What am I doing wrong? could my metabolism have changed????

Furball Tue 25-Mar-14 05:33:27

log all your food intake in either food focus or my fitness pal

- you put your details in and how much you want to lose and then it will tell you how many calories you can have to do that. You then have to log each food you eat, it is abit of a pain to start but as you use it more your usuals are close at hand.

You can then see exactly what and why you seem to be struggling smile

FlatPacker Tue 25-Mar-14 05:46:37

What does eating healthily mean?

fuckwittery Tue 25-Mar-14 05:50:55

Definitely log everything into my fitness pal and make sure you check the calories in your drinks as well

Get a pedometer and try for 10,000 steps a day

Octopusinabunchofdaffodils Tue 25-Mar-14 05:53:36

Yes, track all your calories with my fitness pal and see what you are eating, it will tell you if your diet is higher in fat, carbs or sugar than it should be and you can see where you are going wrong. I also use it to keep a check on my sodium levels as it showed me they were too high.
It helps me work out my daily allowance and stick to it, at least when I have been greedy and gone over I can see that and compensate for it other days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now