Talk

Advanced search

I have until June to lose 12lbs

(6 Posts)
Ready4Change Sat 22-Mar-14 16:16:53

I've always been pretty lucky in that I can lose weight or put it one whenever I feel like it. Now something has changed, I've gone up to 10st 12lbs and I just cannot shift it. I've started jogging and swimming and work full time so I am active. My diet seems healthy enough - weetabix and banana for breakfast, pasta salad for lunch, homemade meal for dinner - yet it won't budge!!! All my clothes are too tight and I feel awful in myself. Had blood tests, nothing is wrong with me so it must be down to diet.

What can I do to lose 12lbs by mid june? Low carb I find really hard (as I live on pasta and noodles), I could maybe do the 5:2 diet? What do you recommend?

jimmijam Sat 22-Mar-14 16:22:39

Easy join slimming world, I joined with less than 2 some to lose, 11 weeks later I'm 2lb off my target

Ready4Change Sat 22-Mar-14 16:25:25

isn't it really expensive? it sounds confusing too - is it easy enough to follow?

readyforno2 Sat 22-Mar-14 16:27:10

Cut out carbs after lunch. Works for me

AmericasTorturedBrow Sat 22-Mar-14 16:35:58

5:2 worked for me - I already had a pretty healthy diet but personally don't do well on diets that restrict anything as all I then want to do is gorge on the forbidden food. Found it much easier to be very restrictive one or two days a week and more or less eat what I want the rest of the time. It's slow if you're not overweight (1-2lbs/week) but sustainable and I maintain by doing roughly 6:1-5:2 and if the weight creeps back up I just do 4:3 for a few weeks

scarlettsmummy2 Sat 22-Mar-14 16:37:25

Get the myfitnesspal app. So easy and really works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now