Talk

Advanced search

Jason Vale 5llb in 5 Days

(18 Posts)
MsFiremanSam Thu 20-Mar-14 21:32:11

Thinking of doing this and wondered if anyone had any experience, positive or otherwise? Got 10llb of pregnancy weight still to shift and it's not going anywhere, despite tons of exercise and cutting out the crap. Often have bloating so interested to see if I'd feel better after detoxing, although slightly panic stricken at the thought of no coffee.
Is this do-able?

RhondaJean Thu 20-Mar-14 21:33:21

I don't know this particular one but it's probably doable, most of wht you lose will be fluid though.

WholeNutt Sun 23-Mar-14 09:21:42

I have done most of the Jason Vale juice programmes. I love them however here is what I found difficult.

Juicing 5x a day, I'd make 3 juices in the morning and 2 in the afternoon and store them in the proper flask, however they start to lose their nutritional value soon after.

Washing the juicer, yes I can put it in the dishwasher but first you need to ditch the pulp it was just a pain in the arse and time consuming.

No chewing, I love juices but I found having nothing to chew hard going and for the first few days I struggled with feeling hungry.

That said after 7 days I'd lost a fair few lbs, I was no longer bloated or felt sluggish my skin looked great and I honestly felt fab.

I now use the nutribullet daily and have incorporated veggie juice into daily life. I will do a 3 day juice cleanse then reintroduce healthy well balanced meals afterwards.

If you need a kick start have the time and are committed go for it, you'll feel great afterwards!

RufusTheReindeer Sun 23-Mar-14 18:59:17

Agree with most of wholenuts post

Didn't feel hungry though

Lost 9lb in 7 days

Good luck

Joules68 Sun 23-Mar-14 19:17:24

I did the 5lbs in 5 days over half term. Lost 10 pounds. Detoxing was grin for day 2 and 3 but felt amazing for the rest of it

Also still continue with the green juices. Didn't feel hungry either

MsFiremanSam Sun 23-Mar-14 20:33:08

Thanks for all the advice. Sounds like it's definitely worth a go. Need to shift a good 10llb of pregnancy weight but can't seem to get it off, despite lots of exercise and healthy eating - down to one breastfeed a day but didn't lose it with DC1 until I'd stopped completely. Keen on the detoxing effects though, and I'm still on mat leave so I've got time to juice.

MsFiremanSam Sun 23-Mar-14 20:34:29

Did you manage to keep the weight off afterwards by the way, even when back to normal eating?

Pennies Sun 23-Mar-14 20:39:43

I lost albs on the 7 day detox. Going to do it again soon, have put about 3lbs back on. Felt amazing on it and skin looked fab.

Not seen the Nutribullet before. Looks worth investigating.

RufusTheReindeer Sun 23-Mar-14 20:44:55

I didn't gain the weight back, but I did try and eat better once the detox had finished

Joules68 Sun 23-Mar-14 21:06:21

No, not gained it back. Still losing

MsFiremanSam Sun 23-Mar-14 21:28:45

Right, I'm convinced! Thanks again.

rusmum Sun 23-Mar-14 22:08:14

I'm doing it 31st march

MsFiremanSam Sun 23-Mar-14 23:10:02

Was thinking the same!

MsFiremanSam Mon 24-Mar-14 15:07:02

http://www.bigjuicespringclean.com

Just seen this, going to give it a go!

WholeNutt Mon 24-Mar-14 15:59:35

Perhaps a juicey spring clean support thread is an idea?

MsFiremanSam Mon 24-Mar-14 16:42:24

Good idea! Will do.

rusmum Tue 25-Mar-14 20:39:03

I'm in

MsFiremanSam Tue 25-Mar-14 20:43:32

Started a new thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now