Talk

Advanced search

Struggling with weight loss

(8 Posts)
sammyjayneex Wed 19-Mar-14 21:49:22

Struggling!

Hello,

I'm currently on a diet and trying to exercise to lose some weight but I'm really struggling with the work out sessions! I am trying really hard to do them every night but I'm struggling to find the energy. I really lack energy!
I have 4 girls aged 7,6,3,2 and since having the 2 year old I've really struggled with my Heath which makes exercise even harder. Diet wise I'm doing fab and I Havn't cheated once but the pounds are not coming off!
Since having the 2 year old my body isn't the same, I can't handle the stress of excercise and I sweat 5* more than I used to before baby and I'm struggling to lose weight even after the diet! I have been calorie counting and use my fitness pal app to record everything. I walk a lot. I has had blood tests from the doc which came back normal apart from my vitamin D levels, they were at a 7 6 weeks ago and in on a weekly tablet. The doc said low vitamin D levels can't affect weight loss or other stuff In your body but only your bones. I am fed up with my body!
Anyone else in same position? How did you overcome the exercise difficulties?

Millyblods Thu 20-Mar-14 10:28:59

Can you not get outside more, that will help your vit d levels more than a tablet. Well done in doing well with your fitness goals. Are your clothes looser?

CadiM Thu 20-Mar-14 11:07:31

Well your doc may not be right about the vitamin D. There is some evidence that low vit D levels can cause difficulties in losing weight (random link via google www.shape.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-strategies/ask-diet-doctor-vitamin-d-and-weight-loss ) as well as having a role in immunity, cancer rates etc.

Millyblods Thu 20-Mar-14 16:43:06

It's because we don't spend enough time outdoors that vit d has now become an issue and too much sunscreen blocking the bodies uptake if it.

CadiM Thu 20-Mar-14 18:03:17

True but up here in Scotland we don't get any from the sun from September to April so I happily take my supplements over the winter months and feel better for it (and then garden in the summer).

sammyjayneex Thu 20-Mar-14 19:07:31

Hello thanks for the replies!

I also broke my ankle about 6 months ago and I couldn't walk for 3 months due to it so I didn't go out for a while so maybe that could have lowered them! Jus hate this extra weight

sammyjayneex Thu 20-Mar-14 19:17:35

Hello thanks for the replies!

I also broke my ankle about 6 months ago and I couldn't walk for 3 months due to it so I didn't go out for a while so maybe that could have lowered them! Jus hate this extra weight

Millyblods Thu 20-Mar-14 20:39:00

Hi Op as you probably know getting out in daylight not only boosts your vit D but it helps serotonin levels to make you feel happier.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now