Talk

Advanced search

Boosting weight loss with tablets

(5 Posts)
LittleMissSpeedy Sat 15-Mar-14 19:48:55

First off I know there is no magic pill to make me loose weigh however I am looking for something that will help boost my weight loose while eating healthy and exercising.

I am getting married in September and looking to loose at least 2 stone (3 if possible) and i have researched the following possible options:

Alli slimming Capsules - most expensive of all and is in all my local pharmacies

Raspberry Ketone (with/out Colon Cleanse) - was all the rage a little ago and is a reasonable cost

Acai Berry - every celebrity is apparently using this if your listening the the adverts on telly and the internet

Adios Max - not heard a lot of good things but they are still popular

Capsilite - found this online and looks promising. made from capsaicin (the active ingredient in chilli peppers). It is said to turn up the heat in your body, increasing the process of thermogenesis, therefore encouraging the burning off of more fat whilst also inhibiting the growth of further fat cell formation and can help to burn up to 12x more calories.

BIWI Sat 15-Mar-14 19:52:03

You're right. There is no magic pill that will help you lose weight.

You have 6 months to go, and you can expect to lose a substantial amount in that time. On the basis that you should expect to lose 1-2lbs per week, for good, sustainable weight loss, you're looking at an24-48lbs loss

BIWI Sat 15-Mar-14 19:52:37

Whatever programme you choose, just make sure that you stick to it. You don't need any kind of pill or potion to achieve it.

specialsubject Sun 16-Mar-14 16:43:23

none of them do anything unless you hold them between your teeth.

all that stuff you read on the websites is total nonsense. Junior school science will tell you that.

eat properly, move more. But no scammer or bimbo celeb ever made money from that.

and yes, I know they are sold in otherwise reputable pharmacies. There's no law against selling snake oil - these places sell anti-wrinkle cream too.

Arkina Sun 16-Mar-14 16:50:37

A friend of mine lost about 9 stones on a sensible diet. She posted before and after pics online. acai berry took them. Created a fake bio and put her pics on their site as a success story. Sort of begs the question if theyre that good why make fake success stories. Dont waste your money

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now