Talk

Advanced search

Why have I put on this much weight and how can I stop?

(6 Posts)
comicsansisevil Wed 12-Mar-14 19:14:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

specialsubject Wed 12-Mar-14 20:37:52

there's no physical reason that giving up the evilsticks should make you fat. However, with food now tasting good and no diversions, you may well be eating more.

what does the occupant of the pram eat? Do you eat their leftovers? Are you eating rubbish/diet food/low-fat food due to tiredness and lack of time?

also - are you actually fat (clothes sizes are random) or were you too thin before?

but if things really are a mystery, a trip to the medical person won't hurt.

comicsansisevil Thu 13-Mar-14 10:16:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Millyblods Fri 14-Mar-14 10:59:47

Your metabolism will have slowed down as smoking tends to speed it up. Most people who give up smoking say tge same thing as you regarding weight gain. Keep a food diary and be totally honest with it.smile

specialsubject Sat 15-Mar-14 17:28:04

according to the BMI calculator you are now just over the weight range for your height (which starts at a staggering 9 stone 7!!).

if the food diary doesn't reveal eating too much, it would be worth a checkup.

good luck.

catie9 Sat 15-Mar-14 20:56:53

Ha, I'm probably the world's biggest "pouncer" on leftovers. As a kid I used to help eat my classmates lunches and my friends leftovers when we ate together. Kids who barely knew me began to offer me the last few bites of their sandwiches. As a "big bro", I sat between my younger brother and sister at the dinner table and would have my rightful fill of their leftovers and unfinished cereal, then as an athletic teen I became my entire family's garbage disposal. They all called me "The Finisher" because it was my job to make the rounds and finish off everyone's plate after meals. "Just give it to The Finisher," they would say, and I was totally that. With friends, I was somewhat more hygienic with shared food. With family, I didn't care if it had been in their mouths, I used their utensils and my stomach was a fortress. Often, I wouldn't have my own plate and just eat after everyone else was through. My little brother and sister used to sometimes play with and chew on their food to make it seem unappetizing. I knew it was gross, but I was like Mikey. I just couldn't stand to watch food go to waste. My family members just referred to it as my "eating disorder", but thankfully we were all food sharers, so no real biggie. Now as a dad I still have to keep up my image by finishing off the wife and kids plates, drinks, or whatever else comes my way, right down to the skins and bones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now