Talk

Advanced search

How to loose this last half stone post-baby?

(11 Posts)
runningandjumping Tue 11-Mar-14 12:43:22

I'm 5.5 ft and currently weigh 9.5 stones, DC3 is 16 months. My normal weight is 9 stones and I've started exercising in August and already went from size 12 to size 10. I usually go running 1-2 times a week and do 1 or 2 Pilates sessions. I walk a lot every days (at least 1.5 hours and usually more). My diet is pretty sensible, I don't eat much sugar, I gave up cheese since 6 months, I don't eat carbs in the evening. I've reached a plateau at Christmas and didn't manage to loose any weight since then/ My DH's 40th birthday is approaching and I'd really like to be back to my normal weight! Any ideas welcome!

PoshPaula Tue 11-Mar-14 12:44:57

I have exactly the same problem. I am following the 5:2 but to be honest it isn't really working. That last bit of weight is so hard to shift. I am interested to hear replies to your post.

eightandthreequarters Tue 11-Mar-14 12:51:35

Have you tried strength training (weights)? If you added this in 2x per week, it would almost certainly do the trick, but please be sure to do this with a trainer, in order to get the technique correct. You don't want an injury.

Also, walking is wonderful but will do nothing to shift that last half stone. Could you increase the running to 3x per week?

Make sure you are eating enough calories, too. Don't go super low-cal or anything, and I'd wait to start fasting (if you want to go down that road) until after you have shifted the weight.

runningandjumping Tue 11-Mar-14 13:15:04

Well, I could go running prob. once more a week, but weights training with a trainer is hardly feasible as I can't afford a gym club membership/personal trainer.

twobambinos Tue 11-Mar-14 14:49:11

Do u use any props with ur Pilates the weighted balls fitness circles and resistance bands that might do for the strength training?

Maybe you aren't eating enough with all that exercise? I'd be the same as u running and Pilates but would do less walking and one class in the pool.

HalleLouja Tue 11-Mar-14 16:39:42

Does your local authority gym do body pump classes? Or maybe there is a fit mums or equivalent class nearby.

I do a HIIT class which is mental but definitely helping me get stronger and lose weight. I also run and do pilates (like you) but am on WW. All together seem to be working.

HoneyandRum Wed 12-Mar-14 10:07:54

I have had three kids. After my first two I also found weight training gave the best results - I want down dramatically sizewise even though I only lost about 10lbs after my second. I went down to an American size 4 (which I think is an 8 in the UK) even though I was over 9 stone. Weight training builds muscle, burns fat and speeds up your metabolism. I hardly had time for any cardio because I had two little ones but watching my diet and weight training with machines at the gym gave me great results. I was still losing weight and shrinking size when I conceived my third. This was in my 30s.

I am now 45 and still have weight on from my last pregnancy. I have almost lost half a stone in the last month. I'm now 142.75 I want to get below 140 (ten stone) and then I plan on weight training again, so I'll let you know how successful I am on the third go-around! I'm still doing virtually no cardio or other excercise but am managing to lose weight. I prefer to see my size go down rather than by weight number to be honest. After I get down to 140 my next goal will be to go from a 12 to a 10 (Uk size) in jeans.

Cigarettesandsmirnoff Wed 12-Mar-14 10:12:32

5:2 worked for me - when I stuck to it. I quickly dropped my weight but when I got to my last half stone I got lazy.

Any kind of wheat bloat me out so I've got to knock that on the head and it didn't help dp bringing me a cadburys Oreo bar as a treat angry

This thread has inspired me plus the sun outside so I can look good in a vest

Pork leg arms begone!!!

runningandjumping Wed 12-Mar-14 10:14:41

thanks for your messages ladies! I'll try to do the 30 days Shred as there is some weights training in there - will keep you posted!

Cigarettesandsmirnoff Wed 12-Mar-14 10:16:27

Oh be careful I trapped a nerve in my back with that!

runningandjumping Wed 12-Mar-14 11:13:34

Just did the Shred. Optimistically started straight with level 2. It's a killer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now