Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How would you lose 12lbs in six weeks? Help!

(14 Posts)
spottyboobs Mon 10-Mar-14 07:40:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spottyboobs Mon 10-Mar-14 07:43:56

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 10-Mar-14 07:51:52

Are you overweight as you could lose 12lbs in 6 weeks if you have a bit to lose itswim.
Anyway I don't think you can't beat cutting down on calories find out what you need to be eating to lose weight caloriecount.about.com/tools/calories-goal and walk wherever you can its helped me lose the weight smile good luck

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 10-Mar-14 07:52:19

Oh and not done it myself but 30 day shread is supposed to be great

NormHonal Mon 10-Mar-14 07:54:08

What works for me is calorie-counting and loading bigger meals at the start and middle of the day, so I get a chance to burn it off before bedtime. I try to eat very little for dinner, soup or a salad.

Boleh Mon 10-Mar-14 08:14:22

Go and have a look at the 5:2 section - the average loss there is 1-2lb a week depending on how much you have to loose and how strict you are on non-fast days. Going to 4:3 could accelarate things if you needed to. Ultimately you need to create a weekly calorie deficit, as already mentioned - I just personally find 5:2 the easiest way to do that.

MrsFlorrick Mon 10-Mar-14 08:20:59

Yep. With Boleh. 5:2 or 4:3 if you can stand it.
Along with 30 day shred or other Jillian Michaels DVD and you will be super toned in 6 weeks.

No easy fixes as you have to work at it.

I have lost almost 7 stone of baby weight in the last 2.5 years (oh yes pregnancy made me faaaaaaat!).

I still need to tone up and lost a couple of lbs of body fat around waist (more or less at goal weight so its fine tuning.).

And in 8 weeks time I am hitting the beach and I want to wear a bikini. A proper one. Not a scaffolded hide your tum granny one!

So you and me? Major tone up time?

Come and join us over on 5:2 board and join us on the exercise thread. grin

Xfirefly Mon 10-Mar-14 08:25:22

I'm getting Jillian Michaels back out now...dreading the burn! lost 8lb in 3 weeks in Feb ...I've put 6lb back on blush
I havnt tried 5:2. I always stick to slimming world. works wonders for me. I always lose around 4lb in my first week...5lb if I exercise a lot. good luck!

HoneyandRum Mon 10-Mar-14 08:34:07

Cut out all dairy - especially cheese, loaded with calories. Counting calories with MyFitnessPal is very easy. When I want to drop a couple of pounds a week fast I do a lot of what Norm does. Have a big healthy breakfast such as porridge with soy milk and honey, lots of fruit and a egg then a light lunch and a massive salad for dinner. I like really tasty Miso soup (the real deal, I like Kikkoman) which is 35 calories a bowl as lunch or a snack. I don't eat like this every day but on the other days I eat to maintain and not gain. By that I mean just eat well and healthily but don't gorg on chocolate, crisps, dairy and loads of carbs and expect to lose. Fill up on a ton of veggies, the greener the better as they are high in nutrients and fill you up but low in calories. Drink loads of water but otherwise don't drink calories (like juice, soda and milk). I have been eating on and off like this for about 5 weeks started at 151 pounds and now at 143.5.

Don't be too extreme as you will find it hard to keep it up. As I say I have days when I severely cut calories and others when I just eat to maintain and not gain.

Do any kind of exercise you can, brisk walking half an hour a day is great compared to sitting on your bum!

HoneyandRum Mon 10-Mar-14 10:04:41

Oh and keep your goals small and attainable - like losing 1-2 pounds a week. While your long term goal is the 12. My first goal is to get under 140lb (10 stone), I hoped to be there by March but I am glad that I am just gradually losing. As long as you are not gaining you are going in the right direction, be kind to yourself!

spottyboobs Mon 10-Mar-14 12:47:59

MrsFlorrick Mon 10-Mar-14 12:53:01

30 day shred is everyday. Although you can obv do it every other day but for best results every day. It's only 20mins so you can easily do it daily.

HoneyandRum Mon 10-Mar-14 13:42:28

Spottyboobs even if you don't lose the whole lot in six weeks, changing your diet to a healthy one and cutting out lots of extra carbs and dairy will cut your bloat. My tum is much, much flatter already and I just don't feel as heavy and uncomfortable generally. Good luck lady - you can do it!

shivari Fri 14-Mar-14 11:05:33

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now