Talk

Advanced search

Oh so THAT's why I'm fat!

(5 Posts)
FlatsInDagenham Wed 05-Mar-14 11:18:36

As if I couldn't have worked it out by now

Sooo I'm at toddler playgroup. Getting my cup of tea like you do. There's chocolate cake available for the mums. A super slim lady standing next to me asks for a knife because she only wants half a slice. She turns to me and explains that she has just got over a cold and got her appetite back and she's really looking forward to her cake. She then proceeds to choose the smallest slice there (already half the size of the others) and then cut it in half. What she had was two bites worth, no more. Walks away looking happy and enjoys her cake.

Me? I wasn't hungry. At all. I'd made pancakes for breakfast because I didn't get time yesterday, so we'd breakfasted like kings.

Reader, did I take my cup of tea and walk away? No.

Did I take the remaining half a small slice the previous lady had left? No.

I took a generously sized slice, scurried away and gobbled it up.

And I didn't even enjoy it, because I wasn't even hungry. confused

<sigh>

twobambinos Wed 05-Mar-14 14:26:29

Oh lol sounds like myself.
Wasn't hungry enough for lunch because I ate out for breakfast late so I just had 2 mini rolls instead of lunch head wrecked

BuzzardBird Wed 05-Mar-14 14:29:40

If it makes you feel any better, I never eat cake (or anything deemed as unhealthy) and I am still fat!

TheReluctantCountess Wed 05-Mar-14 14:33:48

I hate people who take half a slice of cake. Just don't bother. They are always bloody thin too.

I'm fat. I'd have taken a massive slice.

I refuse to see the connection grin

gamerchick Wed 05-Mar-14 14:43:27

but I thought thats how you were supposed to eat stuff like cake... just take a small piece to satisfy the sweet craving.. cake isn't supposed to be for when you're hungry.. blood sugar spike.. more insulin needed yadda yadda?

Of course I don't really like cake so I may be talking out of my arse grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now