Talk

Advanced search

30 DAY SHRED 3/3/14

(16 Posts)
SquidBobSpongyPants Mon 03-Mar-14 19:43:51

So tonight me and dh are starting the 30 day shred, my thinking is that if i let all of you know and keep updated i can shame myself/us into keeping it up :-S

Really hoping this works as ive spent my whole 20's being obese and wobbly, i turn 30 in 2 years and i want to be svelte by then.

Me:

Starting weight :12 st Goal: 10.5 st
Waist: 39
Hips:42
Tummy at widest point:44

Dh:

Starting weight :15 st Goal: 12 st
Waist:43
Hips:45

Starting in 5 mins.

Wish us luck please haha

SquidBobSpongyPants Mon 03-Mar-14 20:29:56

Ok so just finished, all in all i didnt think that was too hard and i am so very very unfit but none of the exercises really hurt or burned that much and i didnt get too breathless. Starting to worry that ive really done it wrong blush

50shadesofpink Mon 03-Mar-14 20:40:35

I've done 30 day shred (for three years now) and you do get results, just hang in there. I've now started Shaun at's T25.

SquidBobSpongyPants Wed 05-Mar-14 20:00:51

Right, well had to skip yesterdays because one of the kids was ill (ache?? could hardly move you say? nah not me) Did it again tonight and it was a bit harder this time due to suddnly acquiring the body of a 90 year old but we got through it. I cant imagie being able to ever move up a level though. On the plus side i managed 10 push ups, kind of, well my version anyway smile

SquidBobSpongyPants Wed 05-Mar-14 20:09:27

my inner elbows hurt hmm

rusmum Wed 05-Mar-14 23:52:26

I'm in did day 1 Monday but not done since As,I cannot move agh god I hurt! Day 2 tomorrow shock

SquidBobSpongyPants Thu 06-Mar-14 12:05:49

good luck today rusmum.

SquidBobSpongyPants Thu 06-Mar-14 20:23:00

right, work out 3 done, dh had to miss tonight as had a migraqine so i braved it alone, turned off jullians voice and just had the music, i think it made it feel like the time went faster but it was annoying when i occasionally missed changes. Started the 5:2 today so only had 500 cals today too, at this rate i should be a size 10 next week, right??

rusmum Thu 06-Mar-14 20:49:23

Day 3 aching like mad blush

SquidBobSpongyPants Thu 06-Mar-14 20:52:35

ah but you did it!! well done!

FantasticMax Sat 08-Mar-14 22:34:12

The pain does subside after about 4 or 5 days, keep it up it really does work!

SquidBobSpongyPants Mon 10-Mar-14 22:44:46

right well i had to stop after thurs as ds1 was rushed to hospital on friday then ds2 who is 10 months had a temp of 39.8 from sat morning (unrelated to ds1 issue). both are thankfully absolutely fine now but it means im probably gonna have to start all over again with the pain sad

SquidBobSpongyPants Tue 11-Mar-14 21:22:50

Right, first session after the 4 day break, not too bad, i managed to do more bicycle crunchs than last time but still had to skip sit ups and i did my knee in on the lunges (always had a dodgy knee) so i think i will just stop them now and focus on the arms or something, to be fair from the bum down my body is pretty good so an upper body focus cant do any harm.

ive heard level two is quite leg focused so worried there is no point moving on, should i just stay on level one forever, will that still work or will i plateau and it will stop workign or should i just skip straight to 3. i find level one pretty easy really, i can still talk while im doing it and am not exhausted after by any means? any suggestions

SquidBobSpongyPants Tue 11-Mar-14 22:42:58

bump for advice please

50shadesofpink Thu 13-Mar-14 19:14:43

No move on to level 2. I have to say, I enjoyed it more than level 1. You will be fine doing it. You can do more than the 10 days of level 1 and then move to level 2 when you are ready, but if you keep focusing on thd sand muscle group, not only will it get boring, but the other muscle groups will get left out.

Jillian isn't very good for dodgy knees, so stick with modified moves for the high impact knee stuff.

50shadesofpink Sun 23-Mar-14 22:07:17

OP how's it going?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now